Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Might be offline for a few Weeks

My old company that I retired from called yesterday to see if I would help them out for about a month or two on a job in Angola Africa. They have a new contract there for site prep work and the QA Manager they are going to put on it cant get off his present job till end of May so I said I would go over and fill in till then. Put a few coins in the bank for me and they don't have to hire a temporary employee (most folks don't want that anyway) My contact person said he would call me back next week for more info. I suppose they have to submit my resume to the client for approval first as this is normally the case. Yeah I know, another garden spot in the universe just like the last three assignments in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico; Warri,Nigeria and Skikda, Algeria
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Well you better get some good photos for us!

Do you get additional "hazard" pay? We get hazard pay for working in places like Nigeria.

Good luck and have fun! Ill miss seeing pics of your tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Banned
    Tractor
    Kubota BX3030 Cab with upgraded speakers

Default Re: Might be offline for a few Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post

Do you get additional "hazard" pay? We get hazard pay for working in places like Nigeria.

Hi I'm louie. Get there safe. Is that your baby in the bucket. My dad p

Tractor
    LS 3039H

Gary what is your line of work ? and good luck with the extra $$$$ in this day and age it always helps out, ...... by the way do you need any one to baby sit the 7010.... if you do just drop it off will take really good care of it .... LOL

"The Old Goat Ranch" Grimes County, Texas
    Tractor
    1990 - JD 870

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    My old company that I retired from called yesterday to see if I would help them out for about a month or two on a job in Angola Africa. They have a new contract there for site prep work and the QA Manager they are going to put on it cant get off his present job till end of May so I said I would go over and fill in till then. Put a few coins in the bank for me and they don't have to hire a temporary employee (most folks don't want that anyway) My contact person said he would call me back next week for more info. I suppose they have to submit my resume to the client for approval first as this is normally the case. Yeah I know, another garden spot in the universe just like the last three assignments in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico; Warri,Nigeria and Skikda, Algeria
    OH WOW.....I remember Coatzi all too well....!!!!

Wave as you fly over Equatorial Guinea....I'm Medic-ing on an FPSO here...

...and....

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE.....

Terry
    "...As I get older, I find that any day in which my gratitude exceeds my expectations is a good day..."

----- Ray Wylie Hubbard, musician

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Good luck.

Keep us posted! (pun intended)

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Good luck and be careful Gary. I wish you had a Ham license. It would fun to talk to you from some of those terrible unrepresented places in the Amateur Radio world.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor

I will take my camera but if it is like the other places there isn't much of interest. This being a site prep job, I don't know what kind of infrastructure that they will have in place when I get there as far as internet availability. It usually takes several months to get all the offices set up, wired up for intranet/internet service.
    I retired from KBR and engineering and construction company with home office in Houston Texas. We do all kinds of petro-chemical, refinery type work. We did a few nukes but got out of that business. My experience as been in the Power and Petro-Chem divisions building power generation facilities, paper mills (1 time), lots of refineries, several LNG plants and 2 GTL (gas to liquid where natural gas is transformed into a diesel fuel ) I retired as a Construction Project Quality Manager.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Stay safe.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post

Maybe I can send some big dirt moving photos rather than tractor.
    As for Hazard Pay, They pay what they call "uplift" which is a markup on your base salary 10-50% depending on the location, severity and danger+ OT + sometimes a completion bonus (Nigeria was 10% of gross income as a completion bonus + 77hours per week of pay based on my Houston salary base + 30% uplift with an 8week on and 3 week off) 8 week on was basically like getting 2 months salary (salary is based on 40 hours per week) x 1.3 multiplier on top of that. Off time was only paid 40 hours but we did get the overseas uplift on it. Very few jobs pay a completion bonus unless there is a big personnel turnover. Nigeria also put us in Business class flights which is not something KBR does for travel on most jobs.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast