Backhoe Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #1  

hkjones3

Tractor
LS/R4047
Hello all, I am looking for a backhoe attachment for my 2012 LS 4047. I would love to have one with the hydraulic thumb. If you could, give me your opinion on the best one (LS brand or not). Whether a sub mount or 3 pt. connection is better, hydraulic or PTO hookup difficulty of hooking up and taking off and of course PRICE? Thank you in advance for your needed opinions!

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #2  
Hello all, I am looking for a backhoe attachment for my 2012 LS 4047. I would love to have one with the hydraulic thumb. If you could, give me your opinion on the best one (LS brand or not). Whether a sub mount or 3 pt. connection is better, hydraulic or PTO hookup difficulty of hooking up and taking off and of course PRICE? Thank you in advance for your needed opinions!

Did you every solution this? I am about to take delivery of a 4047 with backhoe, and would really like a thumb for it. I've been looking at a number of different weld-on and bolt on options, although welding to a brand new backhoe or drilling holes in it makes me a little queezy. I haven't found anyone with LS tractor that has solved the problem.
Thanks!

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #3  
Check for solutions people found for NH Boomer 50s and Case/International Farmall 50Bs.

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #4  
The Woods BH90-X is available with a thumb, and they show a mounting kit for the Boomer 50. I'd call to confirm, since NH uses a different loader than LS.

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #5  

I would recommend strongly against going with a 3 pt mounted backhoe. Aggressive use can crack the transmission case, which would not be covered under warranty in a case like this. LS's own backhoe is a really good unit that has a nice solid frame mount attachment method that still allows for quick, easy, tool free removal and installation. Heck, you don't even have to remove your 3pt lift before you hook up the backhoe....really doesn't get any easier IMO.

Also, no reason to go with a PTO driven hydraulic pump. The LS dual pump hydraulics will provide plenty of flow and you've got remotes just waiting for you on the back of the tractor already....all you need is a few feet of hose from the backhoe with the right ends on it, which is already supplied from LS with one of their backhoes.

Finally, the LS hoe is probably cheaper than other aftermarket options anyway.

One thing you might not think of, but need to plan for with an aftermarket installation of an LS backhoe is the need for constant hydraulic flow from the tractor to the implement. The LS 2 way hydraulic remote control valves do not have a valve detent installed OEM.... so which ever remotes you hook up to, let's say the green pair, will require the green control lever to be held in the flowing position. You can do the ghetto bungie cord method, fabricate a hook which can be attached to a handy tapped and threaded hole you'll see in the body panel right next to your levers, or the cleanest option, which is a detent kit that gets installed in the control valve that provides a stop that will hold the lever in the flowing position.

More questions, feel free to send me an email to john@rcotractor.com.

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #6  
HK, I sent you a private message as well.

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #7  
HK, I sent you a private message as well.

John (we actually talked on the phone months ago, and you were very helpful), since he's looking for a thumb, does the LS hoe have that capability?

My local dealer quoted me somewhere around $6,500 for the LS hoe not long ago....can't recall exactly...could have been $6,450 or $6,750, but somewhere in that range. I've seen the Woods BH90-X listed for $6,600 with a 24" or smaller bucket....still have to buy the subframe mount, etc, but it's not that far off the price of the LS unit, and has better specs.

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #8  
Michigan Iron and Equip has thumb add ons, both manual and hydraulic. I just put a manual one on a Montana 3040 with 7'5" BH. works fine and is quite reasonably priced. It is not in their on line catalog so email or call.

/ Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #9  
LS does not offer a thumb themselves.... would have to weld on an aftermarket unit.

Last edited:
   / Looking for a backhoe attachment for my LS/4047 #10  
MIE offers a bolt on model which I put on my Kioti and my sons Montana- works fine. It can be welded on later if needed- so far not needed.