Question about trailering a LS R4041

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #11  
I haul my tractor on a 12K trailer and pull it with an 05 Dodge 2500 Hemi, my towing capasity is only 8500lbs and the newer 1/2 ton trucks have larger towing capasity than my older 3/4 ton. The real problem is with breaking on the truck even with trailer breaks. I know the Dodge trucks with a Hemi 1/2 or 3/4 ton and the Diesel 3/4 all have front and rear (really large) disk breaks, not sure about the other manufactures I really don't look. I think you have enough truck but I don't know what your truck is rated to tow or what size breakes you have.

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041
Thanks guys. Y'all have been very helpful. I'm picking up my R4041 Friday. One thing I know for sure, I'm adding brakes to the trailer.

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #13  
I haul my tractor on a 12K trailer and pull it with an 05 Dodge 2500 Hemi, my towing capasity is only 8500lbs and the newer 1/2 ton trucks have larger towing capasity than my older 3/4 ton. The real problem is with breaking on the truck even with trailer breaks. I know the Dodge trucks with a Hemi 1/2 or 3/4 ton and the Diesel 3/4 all have front and rear (really large) disk breaks, not sure about the other manufactures I really don't look. I think you have enough truck but I don't know what your truck is rated to tow or what size breakes you have.

Agreed. My 2010 Tundra (5.7L 381hp/401ya) had the best drivetrain I've ever had in a gas truck, and was rated to pull almost 11000lbs. It had the "largest brakes in the class" according to the marketing, but I don't know if that was true.

However, I don't think and half ton has any business moving that much weight, especially at highway speeds . You might be able to pull it, but handling & stopping is more of a concern.

But again, your truck should handle it fine, just drive cautiously. If you don't already have one, trail()888er brake controllers can be purchased for less than $100, and usually have an available plug & play harness that won't require splicing if your truck is pre-wired with the harness.

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #14  
Fowler you are the best .

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #15  
When I am trailering my tractor, I set the electric brake controller to apply the trailer brakes fairly strong but not enough to lock up the tires. I can stop tractor/trailer/truck just about as fast as I can stop the truck/trailer when empty. Those dual axle brakes are great and I don't need to use the truck brakes heavily to stop.

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #16  
I towed my new R4041H home today on a 16ft dual axle trailer with electric brakes using my Honda Ridgeline pickup (v6 - 255 hp). I limited my speed to no more than 60 MPH for safety reasons, but it had no trouble pulling the trailer for over 100 miles through the central Texas hill country from Austin to Gatesville.

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #17  
I towed my new R4041H home today on a 16ft dual axle trailer with electric brakes using my Honda Ridgeline pickup (v6 - 255 hp). I limited my speed to no more than 60 MPH for safety reasons, but it had no trouble pulling the trailer for over 100 miles through the central Texas hill country from Austin to Gatesville.

Nice. Isn't the tow Max on that around 5000lbs?

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #18  
Nice. Isn't the tow Max on that around 5000lbs?

It is...and a 4041 with loader, and bucket is over 5k without the trailer :eek:

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #19  
The maximum towing limit for the Ridgeline is 5000 lbs, but since I had brakes on the trailer it had no trouble stopping the load. I figured that I was prettly close to 5000 lbs with the loader and tractor combined. It would have been easier with a 3/4 ton pickup, but I got the job done anyway.
Towing home the LS tractor.jpg

/ Question about trailering a LS R4041 #20  
The maximum towing limit for the Ridgeline is 5000 lbs, but since I had brakes on the trailer it had no trouble stopping the load. I figured that I was prettly close to 5000 lbs with the loader and tractor combined. It would have been easier with a 3/4 ton pickup, but I got the job done anyway.

A 4041 with loader, and bucket is over 5,000, plus you have a canopy....probably 5,300 minimum, then another 1,500+ for the trailer. So, you were only about a ton over the listed max....brakes, or not. :eek:

You did it, but that doesn't really make it safe. Judging from the squat on the rear of the Ridgeline, it's pretty obviously overloaded.