R4041 good price?

/ R4041 good price? #11  
Okay, went to the local LS dealer yesterday to have a look see. I liked the tractor. It's about the same size as the Mah 3616, but more engine HP and PTO HP. I liked how the tractor is setup. The dealer is going to work up a new price for me including a backhoe and FEL. I will also need a box scraper and I'm going to see about adding an auger to the backhoe stinger. I don't think that would be too much. I also liked how the parking brake is an automotive style under your left leg as opposed to a lever up under the dash. Also, the engine is Tier 3. The dealer told me they will be able to get the Tier 3 R4041's for prolly the rest of this year. B

Just to give you a frame of reference, my dealer recently quoted me $6,350 for the LB2101 backhoe with an 18" bucket.

/ R4041 good price? #12  
I also liked how the parking brake is an automotive style under your left leg as opposed to a lever up under the dash.
This is a perfect example of "to each his own..." I am NOT a fan of the parking brake location on the LS tractors. Especially since on most other makes, to release the lock, all you need to do is push the brake lever with your foot and it'll unlock for you. On the LS line, you have to also manually unlock the lever. There's a short list of things I would change on my tractor, and that's one of them.

I've even thought of removing that lever completely and devising a foot-pedal lock to go in its' place.

/ R4041 good price? #14  
I'm confused. :confused3: The Mahindra 3616 is no where the same tractor as the LSR4041. The 3616 is 2560lbs & is 121" long, an 8x8 tranny and has only 1 rear remote available as an option. The LS is 3813lbs, 132" long, a 16x16 tranny and has 2 rear remotes as std equipment. Trust me, I am a big fan of Mahindra, own 2 of them, 32hp & 75hp. That LS R4041 is waaaaaaay more tractor than the Mahindra 3616. If you wanted to compare apples to apples, then look at the Mahindra 4035. ;)

Forgot to add, just for comparison if wanted-need be, a complete "TnT" set for the LS R4041 would be $635 + shipping costs. :drool:

Last edited:
   / R4041 good price? #15  
I'm confused. :confused3: The Mahindra 3616 is no where the same tractor as the LSR4041. The 3616 is 2560lbs & is 121" long, an 8x8 tranny and has only 1 rear remote available as an option. The LS is 3813lbs, 132" long, a 16x16 tranny and has 2 rear remotes as std equipment. Trust me, I am a big fan of Mahindra, own 2 of them, 32hp & 75hp. That LS R4041 is waaaaaaay more tractor than the Mahindra 3616. If you wanted to compare apples to apples, then look at the Mahindra 4035. ;)

I really like the 5035.... That's alot of tractor, with a strong loader, and still HST. If I was buying again I'd definitely look at that.... As well as the LS u50xx series, which you can't get in HST

/ R4041 good price? #16  
This is a perfect example of "to each his own..." I am NOT a fan of the parking brake location on the LS tractors. Especially since on most other makes, to release the lock, all you need to do is push the brake lever with your foot and it'll unlock for you. On the LS line, you have to also manually unlock the lever. There's a short list of things I would change on my tractor, and that's one of them.

I've even thought of removing that lever completely and devising a foot-pedal lock to go in its' place.

Aside from the lack of a tilt forward seat, I think the parking brake location is my least favorite thing on my tractor. They could have put the 4x4 lever down there, and put the parking brake up where that is, and it would be SOOOO much easier to use. As it is, I find myself not setting it, unless I need to leave the bucket up for some reason.

/ R4041 good price? #18  
Oh I don't like the parking break, not because of the location but because I keep forgetting to release it:confused3:

/ R4041 good price? #19  
...because I keep forgetting to release it:confused3:

Yeah, that too.

I can't blame LS for me driving off with the box blade still down though. I hate to have to replace those divots. And I have done both that and the brake just today, but it ain't going in the pictures thread. Nope, not happening.

/ R4041 good price? #20  
Count me as one that really likes the shuttle shift. I get the HP of manual with the leg saving aspect of clutch less shift and Forw Rev. Have not had any issues. 100+ hrs.