Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    LS Tractor, Model R4010

Default Re: R4041 good price?

I have at least a couple hundred hours on mine and the shuttle shift is the bomb.
    LS Tractor R4010, Loader, 6ft Shredder, Box blade, Sun Shade, Pat's Easy Hitch, PTO Wood Chipper

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Honestly, the more I use my shuttle shift, the less I like it
    Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA snow plow (still under construction)

345 flawless hrs @ 11/5/14

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Husky GT2654

Well, I like the PTO HP gain with the shuttle trans over the hydrostat. Although the hydro on the lawn mower sure is nice and quick but, moving any distance having to hold the pedal down is a real bore. I find myself using the cruise control on the lawn mower all the time so I don't have to constantly jam down the pedal. B

Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

Quote Originally Posted by LindenBruce View Post
    Well, I like the PTO HP gain with the shuttle trans over the hydrostat. Although the hydro on the lawn mower sure is nice and quick but, moving any distance having to hold the pedal down is a real bore. I find myself using the cruise control on the lawn mower all the time so I don't have to constantly jam down the pedal. B
    The LS Tractors have cruise control too. Along with your additional PTO HP, I like the fact I dont have to run the RPM's up all the time. I know with my little Bolens (hydro) in order to do anything useful at all with it, I have to have it at least half throttle all the time. With my LS, I tend to idle around a bunch for what I use it for.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    The LS Tractors have cruise control too. Along with your additional PTO HP, I like the fact I dont have to run the RPM's up all the time. I know with my little Bolens (hydro) in order to do anything useful at all with it, I have to have it at least half throttle all the time. With my LS, I tend to idle around a bunch for what I use it for.
    With my HST I'm frequently only running 1,500rpm or a bit less. The manual says 1,500+ for work...probably because lugging an engine is bad for it....high load, low oil pressure.

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Was just discussing this with my buddy last night that has a new kubota with the HST+ trans... that one sounds pretty cool. You can set it at whichever RPM you want, but you can use it like a "gear" in that you can increase the RPM & speed with the foot pedal. Not just like normal HST where you have to set your RPM and then use the pedal only for travel speed. Seems like that trans combines the best of both, albeit, you still lose the couple extra PTO HP vs the gear models.
    Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA snow plow (still under construction)

345 flawless hrs @ 11/5/14

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    Was just discussing this with my buddy last night that has a new kubota with the HST+ trans... that one sounds pretty cool. You can set it at whichever RPM you want, but you can use it like a "gear" in that you can increase the RPM & speed with the foot pedal. Not just like normal HST where you have to set your RPM and then use the pedal only for travel speed. Seems like that trans combines the best of both, albeit, you still lose the couple extra PTO HP vs the gear models.
    I agree that the HST+ is probably the best overall solution, but I also sort of like being able to set the RPM independent of the pedal. I generally dislike vehicles doing anything I haven't told them to do....LOL.

Tractor
    2013 LS 4041

Hi all,
    Okay, the only dealer in my area just quoted me $20,130 for an LS R4041 Synchro Shuttle WITH FEL. Sound good guys? I don't know anything about the LS's. He told me they are Korean made.

So what would it take to add two pairs of hydraulic outlets to the back end for top and tilt cylinders? I know how it goes for the MF and Mahindras but I'm clueless on the LS. I can do this type of work myself so I'm not going to pay a dealer to do something that I can do myself.

The dealer also said he could get a backhoe fitted tractor for dealer cost on the backhoe IF I agree to be on the hook for a half dozen demos if called on. For saving the $3000+ I can pimp myself out for a half dozen demos. As long as they are close. I didn't get the particulars on that.

Last but not least the loader controls. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the LS tractors use a remote joystick with cable operated valves mounted under the deck? I would think that would only cause problems down the road with the valves getting pelted with debris and dirt which in-turn would cause the spool seals to wear out and leak. I would much rather have my valves on top of the fender to help keep them clean and spot leaks early. Thanks, Bruce

I purchased a new 2013 R4041 last week (w/all the standard features everyone on here reports) gear tractor (didn't want Hydro----discussion for later), 6 foot Farmline 75hp brush hog, and trailer for $20,500. I thought I got a VERY good deal and pulled it ~100miles (through winding Missouri foothills) to my farm in Southern Illinois.

I sold my Ford 2120 a few years back (regrettably) which was 4x4 w/NH 7308 FEL and was 100% bullet proof. I am convinced after 5-10 hours of use that for the $$$, I did well to get a near-comparable tractor. Of course, long-term this is left to be seen. My Ford was '92 model and when I sold it it had less than 1000hrs on it-----used primarily to mow deer trails, help with floodable duck dam install, clear downed trees, food plots, etc.

This week, my neighbor (at my farm) borrowed the new LS and did some mowing and clearing on the property. I am a city boy primarily (live near St. Louis), and weekend farmer/hunter/redneck, but my "farm neighbor" has grown up on the piece of property he lives on his whole life. He used the new LS for several hours; mowing, pushing, clearing, etc. He himself is a JD man (4340 in the past I believe) but even he was impressed by the new tractor.

In summary, I am convinced (at least for now) that I bought a good tractor at a good price. Again, it is left to be seen whether this holds true long-term, but then again that's what these posts are for right? I spent a lot of time deciding on what I would buy---new/used, NH/JD/kubota, and finally went w/LS.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Husky GT2654

Cool deal. I'm still waiting for the dealer to re-price the tractor with a backhoe. He called and left a message two days ago stating there is going to be a price drop on the tractor in the next week so he is still trying to get me the best price. Hopefully I will know more by the end of next week. Will update as I get info. B.

Tractor

Cool deal. I'm still waiting for the dealer to re-price the tractor with a backhoe. He called and left a message two days ago stating there is going to be a price drop on the tractor in the next week so he is still trying to get me the best price. Hopefully I will know more by the end of next week. Will update as I get info. B.
    When my dealer ave me a price on the backhoe, it was something like $6,350 (not long ago).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast