R4041 good price?

/ R4041 good price? #1  

LindenBruce

Gold Member
Tractor
Husky GT2654, Branson 4520TLB
Hi all,
Okay, the only dealer in my area just quoted me $20,130 for an LS R4041 Synchro Shuttle WITH FEL. Sound good guys? I don't know anything about the LS's. He told me they are Korean made.

So what would it take to add two pairs of hydraulic outlets to the back end for top and tilt cylinders? I know how it goes for the MF and Mahindras but I'm clueless on the LS. I can do this type of work myself so I'm not going to pay a dealer to do something that I can do myself.

The dealer also said he could get a backhoe fitted tractor for dealer cost on the backhoe IF I agree to be on the hook for a half dozen demos if called on. For saving the $3000+ I can pimp myself out for a half dozen demos. As long as they are close. I didn't get the particulars on that.

Last but not least the loader controls. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the LS tractors use a remote joystick with cable operated valves mounted under the deck? I would think that would only cause problems down the road with the valves getting pelted with debris and dirt which in-turn would cause the spool seals to wear out and leak. I would much rather have my valves on top of the fender to help keep them clean and spot leaks early. Thanks, Bruce

/ R4041 good price? #2  
Price seems in line with what I have seen.

the R4041 should have dual rear remotes.

The R series does use a Cable Operated valve, but honestly, I prefer it to the loader mounted valve on several others.

/ R4041 good price?
Thanks. Yeah, I have used a two lever loader mounted unit before. I do prefer the fender mounted units. The MF and Mah have fender mounted valves assemblies. It just seems to me that placing the valve under the deck is asking for trouble. Bruce

/ R4041 good price? #4  
The R4041 has two pairs of rear remotes from factory. The loader valve was originally place higher on the loader mount. LS then did a sort of recall and placed it in the lower position. It is fairly protected where its at now.

I paid $20,000 out the door for my 4041 with the EZ shift transmission. The EZ shift has a button on the gear selector to engage the clutch. Dont have to stop to go from forward to reverse.

/ R4041 good price?
Thanks. The local dealer told me to stay away from the EZ shift. He told me the system is complicated and hard to diagnose if there is a problem. I don't know? I would be happy with the shuttle so I don't need to spend money on the EZ shift system if I don't need it. Bruce

/ R4041 good price? #6  
Based on the very few reviews and opinions I've heard on the EZ shift, skip it and either go with the HST or Shuttle. I have the shuttle. There are days I wish I had gotten the HST instead, but there are other days when I'm glad I went with the shuttle.

Maybe get one of each?

/ R4041 good price? #7  
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. My dealer has a Craigslist ad for a new 4041H (hydro) at $20,600, so you're in the ballpark. They come with dual remotes from the factory (along with a work light, and rear 7-pin trailer plug). LS is a Korean company, that essentially is a spinoff of Hyundai/LG, that used Mitsubishi technology to get started. They make new CUTs for New Holland and Case now, and started selling under the LS USA name here just a few years ago. The engines on many models are actually a Mitsubishi design with quite a bit of history, so you're looking at a proven product when you add all that up. I love mine!

/ R4041 good price?
Sound good to me. Now to get one before the Tier 4 mandates kick in huh?

/ R4041 good price?
Okay, went to the local LS dealer yesterday to have a look see. I liked the tractor. It's about the same size as the Mah 3616, but more engine HP and PTO HP. I liked how the tractor is setup. The dealer is going to work up a new price for me including a backhoe and FEL. I will also need a box scraper and I'm going to see about adding an auger to the backhoe stinger. I don't think that would be too much. I also liked how the parking brake is an automotive style under your left leg as opposed to a lever up under the dash. B

/ R4041 good price?
Okay, went to the local LS dealer yesterday to have a look see. I liked the tractor. It's about the same size as the Mah 3616, but more engine HP and PTO HP. I liked how the tractor is setup. The dealer is going to work up a new price for me including a backhoe and FEL. I will also need a box scraper and I'm going to see about adding an auger to the backhoe stinger. I don't think that would be too much. I also liked how the parking brake is an automotive style under your left leg as opposed to a lever up under the dash. Also, the engine is Tier 3. The dealer told me they will be able to get the Tier 3 R4041's for prolly the rest of this year. B