John Deere v. LS

/ John Deere v. LS #11  
I would just put a air ride seat with chugger/isolating suspension option on the tractor you have. A smaller tractor will not help. I put low ride air seats in my silverado made a huge difference with my back.

/ John Deere v. LS #12  
Sorry to hear about your neck/back issues CaptainEddie... I have a feeling I'll be there someday too.

If you have a dealer near you, it might be worth it to look at Kioti tractors as well. I had a CK20s before I traded up in size, and it was VERY comfortable. More comfortable than my bigger LS is. They also make a CK30 which is slightly bigger than the ck20 and even more roomy.

As someone already said, LS is the best "bang-for-your-buck" right now, but Kioti is a very close 2nd, and I think their quality is every bit as good as the rest.

/ John Deere v. LS #13  
I think Kilerbzz is on the right tract. You don't need another tractor, just better seating on the one you have. A $700 air suspension captain's chair would ease all your pains and be much less expensive, assuming that the tractor you now have is large enough to accommodate a big air-ride suspension seat. Go slower and reduce the air pressure in your tires and better seat might just be your ticket. I myself have bulging disc in my back, 3 surgeries on my neck to the point of only 3 vertebra actually move (titanium plate on two of them)and I still enjoy my tractors and lawn mowing. I do need a few Tylenol after a good work out though, but staying busy and moving around helps my severe arthritis also

/ John Deere v. LS #14  
I agree with the earlier posters... Also, there are probably more old farmers than there are old Doctor's, so I think I'd keep on keepin' on with my tractor in the sunshine..

Without knowing why (neck & back????) you're being told no tractors, I too would agree that a bigger tractor is far more comfortable. My 75hp Mahindra is much more comfortable than my 32hp Mahindra. I would say that if you put liquid in your tires, you will find that your tractor will ride much much smoother. That is what I found on both of my Mahindra's anyway.

Good luck with whatever it is that you end up doing. ;)

/ John Deere v. LS #15  
I sat on every tractor out there and the LS had the largest cab area I sat on. I have a bad knee that i cant bend very far so leg room was a must for me. I decided on the LS5020 because getting off and on was much easier. When i was looking the New Holland tractors was being made by LS but they were not like the LS models. My dealer said LS was keeping the cab design and features for their badge and not just re-badge for other companies. LS also has the better loader control arm, dual remotes standard plus five year warranty. I am very happy with tractor performance as well as what I received for the price.

/ John Deere v. LS
I think Kilerbzz is on the right tract. You don't need another tractor, just better seating on the one you have. A $700 air suspension captain's chair would ease all your pains and be much less expensive, assuming that the tractor you now have is large enough to accommodate a big air-ride suspension seat. Go slower and reduce the air pressure in your tires and better seat might just be your ticket. I myself have bulging disc in my back, 3 surgeries on my neck to the point of only 3 vertebra actually move (titanium plate on two of them)and I still enjoy my tractors and lawn mowing. I do need a few Tylenol after a good work out though, but staying busy and moving around helps my severe arthritis also
I should've mentioned that part of my problem with using a tractor is that I've pretty much lost the ability to turn my head enough to watch a cutter at work. Also, my local LS dealer got in a J2030H today and I rode around on it for a little while. I liked it, but it seems somewhat smaller than the JD 2720.

/ John Deere v. LS #17  
Also, my local LS dealer got in a J2030H today and I rode around on it for a little while. I liked it, but it seems somewhat smaller than the JD 2720.

Yes, the LS is slightly smaller than the JD.

/ John Deere v. LS #18  
Bouncing as a treatment for spinal problems is not good in most cases. You see, it depends on what the spinal problem is so if I were the person with the problem I would ask my doctor why my specific problem required the change. Just a thought from the medical world :)