ls 80 hp

/ ls 80 hp #1  

dan28040

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 665
Been looking a cab ls tractor around 80 hp, with fel. Any advice on these tractors would be helpful, and price comparisons would also be very helpful

/ ls 80 hp #2  
Look at the P series of LS. I have a 7010 and it is very powerful while just sipping fuel. The P 8010 (at the time I bought mine in 2010 ) is the same tractor with a turbo on the engine and the 9010 added a turbo with intercooler while turning up the fuel delivery. I haven't been keeping up with the new models but I like the ergonomics of mine and the price was great

/ ls 80 hp #3  
I believe the numbers are P7010, P7030 & P7040. I have the P7030 with power shuttle and like it a lot. At least try the power shuttle, it's pretty sweet. Plus it gives you a hi-lo feature in each gear. That's 40 forward speeds and 20 in reverse. (No hi range in reverse) It was the best bang for the buck I could find.

/ ls 80 hp #4  
I like the Kubota 8540 and John Deere 5000 Series, but know next to nothing about the LS, Case, Massey Ferguson or other brands, best to look at and try them all to see which best fits you and your budget, all seem to be pretty solid machines to me.

Good luck.

/ ls 80 hp #5  
I believe the numbers are P7010, P7030 & P7040. I have the P7030 with power shuttle and like it a lot. At least try the power shuttle, it's pretty sweet. Plus it gives you a hi-lo feature in each gear. That's 40 forward speeds and 20 in reverse. (No hi range in reverse) It was the best bang for the buck I could find.
Thanks Deerherd for the correction, sun must have been hotter than I thought yesterday. Maybe early sign of Alzheimer's kicking in too. Do they still make the P7020? When I bought mine they didn't make the 7040.