R4047 Loader Zerk fittings? Can't find replacements...

/ R4047 Loader Zerk fittings? Can't find replacements... #1  

RKJeepXJ

Silver Member
Tractor
LS R4047H
Anyone know what size and where to find a replacement zerk fitting for the pivot pins on the loader of my R4047?

They have hexagonal flanges like they are screw in but there doesn't seem to be threads in there so I'm thinking its a drive in still zerk. Are they screw in and this pin didn't get threaded at the factory? I'm missing 1 and if they are screw in I don't have a socket with a thin enough wall to take another one out to compare. If they are drive in I really don't want to try and pull one.

I can't find anywhere local (auto parts stores, tractor supply, etc) that have a drive in fitting that is large enough, everything is screw in.

/ R4047 Loader Zerk fittings? Can't find replacements... #2  
Every zerk I have seen is threaded in. You may have to pull the pin and take it in to get the correct size if you can't get a sample out. B.

/ R4047 Loader Zerk fittings? Can't find replacements...
They do make press in zerks, they are pretty common on older equipment. I got this figured out so I'll post here for future reference for others.

The loader takes 8mm straight THREADED zerks. Mine was crossthreaded at the factory so the hole seemed to have no threads, they were stripped out. I ended up tapping and putting in a 1/8NPT threaded zerk to replace it since its a hair larger. Also, I checked the rest of the facotry ones and they were all a turn to 1.5 turns from being tight.

/ R4047 Loader Zerk fittings? Can't find replacements... #4  
I had a simular issue and i too had spent over 2 hours and 30 bucks on every zerk fitting i could find and nothing worked with my LL5100 FEL mounted on the U5020c and ended up calling LS to get the exact part number.
40228707 - Nipple Grease Zerk , priced them out and they are around a $1.00 each depending on which dealer you go through of course