Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out!

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #21  
Very nice blade indeed. Nothing beats a heavy blade if you are actually trying to do any dirt work or grading. Those light 300# blades are a joke. And if you add enough weight to actually make them cut in, they fold like a pretzel.

That blade looks similar in construction to their current model 950 blade. Which is rated for 100HP and weighs 836#, so that may give you a close Idea.

One thing is for sure, I dont think you are going to hurt it any.

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #22  
Very nice blade indeed. Nothing beats a heavy blade if you are actually trying to do any dirt work or grading. Those light 300# blades are a joke. And if you add enough weight to actually make them cut in, they fold like a pretzel.

That blade looks similar in construction to their current model 950 blade. Which is rated for 100HP and weighs 836#, so that may give you a close Idea.

One thing is for sure, I dont think you are going to hurt it any.
My 7' Rhino is just like it. Plenty strong for my 6K# 2010 JD. The problem comes if you hit a root or other hard snag on the outer corner at 2 or 3 mph. You get a little bow. Lots of force on that 3-4 foot lever.
larry

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #23  
Yep. Catching something with the edge is bad news with any blade. Unless you are like me and have a blade that is rated WAY above what the tractor can dish out. I got a KK HD 7' blade. And I really like the way it is gusseted on the back side instead of just relying on the curvature of the blade for strength.

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #24  
TSO, Servis is Servis Equipment Company, which became Rhino, which is now part of the Alamo Group. I know because I used to work there and was part of the sales/marketing group that did the name change and new logo, etc. That was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far way. I think it was 1977 when we made the name change.

That is a really well-built blade and should last forever plus one day. Rhino may still have parts for it if you ever need one.

I really like that it is adjustable for swing, angle and tilt. Congrats on a great acquisition.

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #25  
Can you rotate it back and forth 180* while still attached?

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out!

It's close but I doubt it ... Our link arms might be too short. For what it's worth, I haven't needed to

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #27  
It's close but I doubt it ... Our link arms might be too short. For what it's worth, I haven't needed to

Well, I have the Pat's quick change, and that lengthens the arms about 4".....So maybe.

Still, I'd probably put the similar one from CL on my Massey which has really long lift arms. An XL top link was still too short when I tried to put the Pat's setup on it. I'll have to go with the weld on style, and get an extra long hydraulic top link :)

Yes it looks like that 1 is still on craigslist. I used mine today to grade my driveway and my subdivision, it works awesome. My cutting edge is getting a little thin actually, I thought about buying that 1 on craigslist today. It looks like it has a new cutting edge from the pictures.... then selling mine.
You'd better hurry!

Ok turns out it DOES !

ForumRunner_20131027_132838.png