Loader Cutting Edge for Bucket

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
I need some advice on the LS loader bucket. How sturdy are these buckets and should I consider installing a cutting edge? Does LS sell one, are they bolt-on or welded on, and who else sells them? I have only 6.5 hours on it so far and I dig a lot of small stumps with it and am worried about damaging the edge. Thanks for the input.

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #2  
I've been looking my self', I'm pretty sure L's does not make one, im deffinetly Not going to weld it because im sure I'll need to use the bucket without it for delicate work. I'm going with a bolt on version.

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #3  
I need some advice on the LS loader bucket. How sturdy are these buckets and should I consider installing a cutting edge? Does LS sell one, are they bolt-on or welded on, and who else sells them? I have only 6.5 hours on it so far and I dig a lot of small stumps with it and am worried about damaging the edge. Thanks for the input.

Ls does not sell one that i know of. I know i have sold and installed tooth bars on them from another supplier.

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #4  
G'day Mate(s). I'd be very cautious using a FEL bucket to dig. The Front End Loader is not designed to do this. It's designed to lift & lower and the bucket is designed to scoop & dump.

Yes, you can 'get away' with minor, light or shallow digging (breaking up surface soil if equipped with a tooth-bar) but anything more and you will do damage to the FEL.

If you're going to attack tree stumps, I highly recommend getting the proper tool for the job = a grapple or, in a pinch, a 4in1 bucket

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #5  
The bucket will bend ... Don't ask me how I know ;-)

Most buckets will without reinforcement tho. ..

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #6  
Cutting edges are pretty generic. Most dealers, farm supply, industrial supply will carry the stock. Comes in various sise's and can be cut to length.:D

If you wear out the edges frequently as in construction equipment go bolt on. If it's lower use go weld on. Also weld cutting edge to the front sides of the bucket. Welding on a heavier cutting edge may also help stiffen the bucket.

Dig if you want. A well designed loader will survive but do expect wear on the pins which is expected of equipment being used.:D

Note: cutting edge is expensive and may be sold by the inch.

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #7  
The bucket will bend ... Don't ask me how I know ;-)

Most buckets will without reinforcement tho. ..

I do have some experience in bucket bending on my 4041 as well.

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #8  
I've done a lot if careful digging with mine....including digging up construction fill that has bricks, concrete, etc in it....no damage yet (125hrs of use with it).

Got mine here:
Toothbars

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket
Thanks, I guess I will be a little more careful in what I try to do with it. Thanks for the info.

/ Cutting Edge for Bucket #10  
Thanks, I guess I will be a little more careful in what I try to do with it. Thanks for the info.

Here's what it loos like installed. I should amend what I said earlier.....I've beat the heck out of the tooth bar, but I avoid uneven loads on the FEL. I'll add the picture of a rock/chunk of concrete I dug out (totally buried), to show you can do a lot, and not hurt the bucket....and no, it isn't an optical illusion! Funny thing is, I just realized, the tractor was in early the identical spot for both pictures.

F988A8CF-1B95-4001-B7F0-3FC9462D2980-107-00000000D2F75438.jpg

null_zps30c05d70.jpg