Tractor
    2012 LS U5030

Default U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve

I just finished installing a 3rd function diverter valve on my U5030. I ordered the kit from Brian at Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com. Brian does a superb job with this kit plus he is incredibly helpful in answering questions - which I had quite a few of

After I mounted the valve body I sent Brian a few pictures and we discussed the types of fittings (straight/90/45) I should use to get a clean hose routing. With this decided I measured the hose lengths and Brian had everything to me a few days later.

I am very impressed with how smooth and quickly the valve changes between the dump/curl and the angle for the plow. With the button on the joystick depressed, a gentle push on the joystick moves the plow slowly and if you push harder it speeds up how fast it angles. All I can say now is bring on the snow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-4-jpg   -photo-5-jpg   -photo-7-jpg   -photo-9-jpg   -photo-10-jpg  

-photo-12-jpg   -photo-13-jpg   -photo-17-jpg   -photo-18-jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Default Re: U5030 3rd Function Diverter Valve

Very clean install. Looks very professional. You are gonna really enjoy this addition. Will come in handy for many attachments.

A little trick for your couplers up front. Put colored zipties on the tractor side and attachment side of the couplers. Makes it simple to get hooked up right the first time!!!
    Richard
    Kubota M9540, JD2210

Tractor
    LS U5020

Great work! What is the brand or part number for the button handle you slid over the factory FEL control? Is that something that Brian supplied you?
    2011 LS5020

JD X485

Ford 3000

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS U5030C

Nice looking job. Very clean looking. Hope Brian keeps your list looking to add that to my U5030
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki

Quote Originally Posted by xrsrfn View Post
    Great work! What is the brand or part number for the button handle you slid over the factory FEL control? Is that something that Brian supplied you?
    That's a Scorpion handle and I think he does stock them. Here's a link to their web site.

Scorpion Technologies LTD.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

You didn't show us the joystick handle other than the cut you sent. My handle had a removable plate that I drilled out the button spot and installed my button, it wasn't the one that the handle was made for but it worked great. I did have to add a relay in under the dash and let the button control the relay because the DC surge of open and closing the valve took the button out pretty quick it was no big deal just a pain.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    2012 LS U5030

Dave,

You're correct - it is a Scorpion handle and Brian supplied it with the kit. The mounting nut for the handle came with a 1/4" hole which I drilled to 9/16", this allowed it to fit over the joy stick shaft. The stock LS grip is glued on, I twisted it off with a pair of channel locks.

-photo-14-jpg

I didn't mention this earlier, but the spare 10A fuse on the U5030 has power and is connected to the wiring harness but does not have a wire coming out of the harness. This made hooking it up that much easier.

Great idea on the zip ties Richard - I will certainly add them on.

Thanks for the comments
    Last edited by moosehaven; 11-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by Guesseral View Post
    You didn't show us the joystick handle other than the cut you sent. My handle had a removable plate that I drilled out the button spot and installed my button, it wasn't the one that the handle was made for but it worked great. I did have to add a relay in under the dash and let the button control the relay because the DC surge of open and closing the valve took the button out pretty quick it was no big deal just a pain.
    Just wondering, was the switch that you changed out a Scorpion switch?
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    2012 LS U5030

The grip and switch came fully assembled and pre-wired, yes they are made by Scorpion. The only modification I made was to drill out the mounting nut at the base from of the grip assembly so if fit over the shaft.