LS Frame Issue Video

/ LS Frame Issue Video #2  
Wow I will have to go home and look at my Montana tonight and see if I have that plate! I would have to assume (hope) that I do because it is a 2009 model.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #3  
Wow I will have to go home and look at my Montana tonight and see if I have that plate! I would have to assume (hope) that I do because it is a 2009 model.

I don't think that was a factory fix. I think that was someone in a shop making it work.

/ LS Frame Issue Video
My concern is not who makes the repair as much as why the repair had to be made? Is this an issue that happens with the "R" series machines and should we be concerned?

/ LS Frame Issue Video #5  
My concern is not who makes the repair as much as why the repair had to be made? Is this an issue that happens with the "R" series machines and should we be concerned?

In the video he said they saw the problem with R3039s, but they have a different frame than the 4041/4047, so it's hard to say.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #6  
In the video he said they saw the problem with R3039s, but they have a different frame than the 4041/4047, so it's hard to say.

I thought the video said that they had originally seen the problem in the 47 HP Montana model which is the same! Maybe I should look again.

Modified
Correction he said the 45 HP Montana.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #8  
Well I looked last night and I don't have the plate. I assumed that he was an engineer for LS guess I was wrong!

/ LS Frame Issue Video
I hope this isnt something that will creep up one day. One thing I did notice.. He left the studs in the back of the block, then welded the bracket in, then put the nuts on the studs. If, in the future, he had to remove the motor, the studs would prevent the engine from disengaging from the bracket. He would probably have to remove the studs to lift the engine out. Grade 8 bolts going through the plate, into the block may have been a better option. Just an observation.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #10  
I hope this isnt something that will creep up one day. One thing I did notice.. He left the studs in the back of the block, then welded the bracket in, then put the nuts on the studs. If, in the future, he had to remove the motor, the studs would prevent the engine from disengaging from the bracket. He would probably have to remove the studs to lift the engine out. Grade 8 bolts going through the plate, into the block may have been a better option. Just an observation.

Good point about the studs ... although, the engine can just slide out backwards once all the side bolts, and those 2 new ones, have the nuts removed. Clearly he's got that tractor torn down completely, so if he had to remove the engine, he'd probably get to that point again anyhow.

Looks like an easy enough fix. I'll have to take a look at mine and see if there have been any modifications or changes made from the factory. I don't have any interest in tearing my tractor down like that though, so hopefully I never need to make the modification!

That's the first time I've heard of an issue (or seen it posted) regardless of what badge the LS was wearing, so maybe it's a very isolated incidence. :confused2: