Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe?

/ Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe? #1  

breadtrk

Platinum Member
Tractor
XR 3037 HST Cab
I have my owners manual but what is not clear to me is how to remove it. I get the put the legs and bucket down part, then pull the pins...... Do you just drive away? The manual seems to reference unbolting 2 braces too.

If any of you have removed it, how tough is it to line back up to re install?

/ Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe? #2  
it is a challenge at first attempt. I bought some 4x6 timbers and made a frame for it to sit on so that it is very close to the frame alignment. the first time I didn't do it and went out the next morning and the bucket bled down and was all out of position. after you get it off, do some wood blocking to hold everything in that position so you just back up to it and hook up the hydraulic lines then fine tune it from there. hope that helps. I also have my top link connected but no other brackets.

/ Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe?
Good idea putting the blocks under the rails, I was wondering about that part.

/ Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe? #4  
If you get 4 ft long extensions for the hydraulic hoses, you can hook up the BH before you back over the frame and then you can use the bucket and outriggers to line up the frame and hookup points. When the BH is hooked up, just remove the extension hoses. I also use the extensions to run my log splitter when it is sitting off to the side of the tractor.
All that blocking is a severe PITA.

/ Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe?
Another great idea. Where would one get these extension hoses? If made locally what is the technical name for the quick disconnects to the hose builder gets it right the first time.

/ Has anyone removed a LB2100 series Back Hoe? #6  
Your local Tractor Supply store should have them. Check their site for hydraulic hoses, they have various lengths ready made.