3pt Stabilizers

/ 3pt Stabilizers #1  

mangus580

Gold Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039
Anyone have any tips for keeping the stabilizers from turning into pretzels?

The dealer tells me that you have to make sure they are as tight as possible. I did my best when I put the 2 bottom plow on last year, but in the end, it bent both stabilizers.

They also tell me its not a warranty item.

Any tips?

/ 3pt Stabilizers #2  
Mine haven't bent yet, but you are not the first. Anyone gotten a chance to take a close look at the stabilizers on the new XR machines? Are they different/improved? Seems to be LS has been pretty open to customer feedback with sending engineers and such to investigate isues folks are having. Bent stabilizers seem to be a recuring issue that they need to address.

/ 3pt Stabilizers #3  
I know this is in the LS section, but the stabilizers on my Kubota have a turnbuckle type system which looks like it would be hard to bend like maybe a solid type stabilizer. Maybe you could modify to something like that.
b71f7c69-7bf0-4250-b911-4215f44644b2_zps239fb299.jpg

/ 3pt Stabilizers #4  
keep a bungie cord or a small chain in between them on the little eyes, mine keep swinging side to side and ketch the lugs on the tires, I wasn't paying attention and it caught the tire and lifted my quick hitch up into the taillight lens. broken and they are on back order. I didn't take it to the dealer as it was my fault but if they were more stable it would not have happened.

/ 3pt Stabilizers #5  
I have a quick-hitch on mine and I adjusted the stableizers as tight as I could and mine stays put and I have no slop in mine, and I carry my 1800# ballast box most of the time. Mine don't even come close to the tires with Cat 1 implements.
image.jpg image.jpg

/ 3pt Stabilizers #6  
I have the XR series. The 3 pt. stabilizers look identical to Underdog's. I also have a quick hitch and have maybe 1" movement side to side.

Attachments

• DSCN1162 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1162 (Medium).JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 304
  • DSCN1161 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1161 (Medium).JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 205
   / 3pt Stabilizers #7  
I have broke my stabilizers a couple times
I was going to use some square tube and redo mine but haven't got around to it
This is what is on my Mahindra and they have been abused

I think I will buy some new ones for it and adapt them to fit my LS

/ 3pt Stabilizers #8  
I keep mine as tight as I can get them. I haven't broken one yet, but they've bent and been straightened.

Recently the outboard 10.8 bolt snapped off on the bracket on the left axle housing. Getting that out was a job, but it did come out and get replaced. I didn't know the bolt was broken until I saw the mower trying to pull out and pass me on the right. With the bolt gone, the stabilizer link tore the bracket in half but didn't break! I had to weld that bracket back together.

/ 3pt Stabilizers #9  
I guess I better keep a close eye on those bars and be prepared for a repair! ;)

/ 3pt Stabilizers #10  
Anyone have any tips for keeping the stabilizers from turning into pretzels?

Any tips?

My observation is that if you adjust the stabilizers for tight and still have too much side to side play in the 3pt arms, then the 3pt arms are splayed too wide. On my R4041H, I bought different pins for BB to keep the distance from the outer edges of the 3pt arms to 25". This hit a sweet spot for the stabilizer angle back to the 3pt arms & can now keep'em tight.

An account of my folly.

Bob