Loader bending metal on loader

/ bending metal on loader #1  

crotbc

Tractor
LS U5030
I have a LS U5030 with a LL5102 loader. I have bent or completely broken in two at least 3 sets of the curl or "c" shaped brackets (don't know what they are called) that attach to the loader. Is anyone else experiencing this? It seems to happen with very little pressure or at least it seems they shouldn't bee bending/snapping so easily. Does anyone know what they are called and perhaps a part number? I've had to get them through the dealer who has taken them off of a tractor he has in inventory so I haven't gotten a part number yet.

/ bending metal on loader #2  
Are you talking about the "dog bones"? The end of the curl linkage?

/ bending metal on loader #4  
Here's a pic of an LL5102 from Google images.

e216d6c2-ae91-4bcc-bb2d-75c00fef7319.jpg

/ bending metal on loader
They are the curved brackets right behind the loader bucket on this picture. And thanks for posting the pic.

/ bending metal on loader #6  
Just a guess here. The curve shape allows the link to extend over the pin, to allow the bucket to dump more "vertically" when the loader is up high. Do you drag your bucket backward with it 'curled' all the way down? Maybe that action bends them, and then the problem as you wrote….

>>>>It seems to happen with very little pressure or at least it seems they shouldn't bee bending/snapping so easily.<<<<

….actually appears at a later time when you're not doing much, simply because the links have been 'kinked'.

That feature (the curved links) gives you some benefit up high, at risk to strength when 'backblading' (or forward too) when low. I'd be careful with high ground forces (on the cutting edge) with the bucket all the way vertical. Maybe you have to flatten out your original ones and add bracing until LS gets you something better.

/ bending metal on loader #7  
I think those links are in compression when you push and/or lift -- the links are buckling, right? ... Due to the rather short lever point from bucket pivot to the link connection this compression force escalates to the extreme as the bucket is used in more "uncurled" positions when piushing or lifting. LS should be fixing this design problem.
larry

/ bending metal on loader #8  
Those links are just a pivot point. MOST of the pressure is still transferred directly from the cylinder to the flat bars in front which attach to the bucket.
I would think that the pivot bars must be hitting the FEL arms prior to the cylinder reaching the end of stroke OR the OP is really doing something wrong with his operating technique. I suspect that there is something off in the fabrication of this loader. I would ask the dealer to change it out with a different one.

TO the OP: what are you doing with the FEL when the bars buckle or break? Have you checked clearances between these brackets and the frame of the FEL? MY LS P7010 is similar and I have abused it hard and never had any thing bend other than the bucket lip while back dragging and hit a stump. I did bend it back straight while lifting some long concrete slabs (more abuse).

/ bending metal on loader #9  
Those links are just a pivot point. MOST of the pressure is still transferred directly from the cylinder to the flat bars in front which attach to the bucket.
I would think that the pivot bars must be hitting the FEL arms prior to the cylinder reaching the end of stroke OR the OP is really doing something wrong with his operating technique. I suspect that there is something off in the fabrication of this loader. I would ask the dealer to change it out with a different one.

TO the OP: what are you doing with the FEL when the bars buckle or break? Have you checked clearances between these brackets and the frame of the FEL? MY LS P7010 is similar and I have abused it hard and never had any thing bend other than the bucket lip while back dragging and hit a stump. I did bend it back straight while lifting some long concrete slabs (more abuse).
Yes. But there are points in the travel where they come close to an "overcenter" condition. That greatly escalates the normally "small" force on them. I imagine they can take what they see in tension ... but compression :confused3:

/ bending metal on loader #10  
Question are both of your cylinders traveling in sink? Example are they both bottoming out at the same time, or is the length of the chrome portion of each cylinder exposed on both cylinders the same? If not there could be additional stress placed on the loader as it runs crocked, like when the first cylinder is all the way out then the trailing cylinder would place additional stress through the remainder of it's travel. This is just a thought!