xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab #1  

haulnash

Tractor
Massey 1648
I think I have narrowed my search to these 2 units. Price is close, LS dealer is only 20 minutes away vs 40 for the TYM, more features with the LS, including A/C in the cab models and heat only in the TYM. Sounds like a no brainer, right? The issue I have is the LS is Tier 4, and the TYM must be a carryover, as it is still Tier 3. I really don't want to be an EPA guinea pig. Or am I concerned where there shouldn't be any? Going over to look and drive the TYM tomorrow. As for the LS, the dealer says he can't keep them in stock, and currently does not have an XR3000 series on the lot. He is supposed to get some more in a week or so tho. What's your thoughts on Tier 4. Any worries?

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab #2  
Welcome to TBN.
I have an XR3037HC. Bought it the end of Feb. Only have about 30 hours on it so far. I only use it on weekends or any time I have off. There are several others here that have the 3037 also. I haven't had any problems yet and don't expect any. This is my first cab tractor that has A/C. Sure is nice on those 80 plus degree days and the heat is real nice for plowing in winter. I previously had a Mahindra 2615HST with aftermarket cab but needed something with more weight and power for snow removal. I looked at all models of cab tractors and the LS had the most options as standard equipment and the best price. The XR tier 4 series has been out a couple years now and more people are buying them as the tier 3's sell off. I haven't seen or heard anything bad yet about tier 4 tractors but all makes / brands of tier 4's are fairly new to the market. We may hear some gripes in 4-5 years as the hours creep up on these machines and the DPF regeneration system needs to be serviced but I have no complaints now.

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab
Thanks for the reply, George. I will also be using tractor for snow removal. My dirt/sand/mud/pond driveway is 1/4 mile long, and my son that lives close by has an even longer one. His driveway is a narrow easement, with nowhere to push snow with a plow due to being in the woods. I want to get a pull behind blower. I sure would hate the tractor to go into regen mode while snowblowing if it robs a lot of power. Have you noticed any quirks during regen cycles?

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab #4  
I bought mine during the end of our snow season and only plowed a few times before weather changed but had no problems and did not notice any power loss during the regen cycle. In fact, during my second time plowing I saw the light on the dash and wondered what is was. (I had not had a chance to read the manual at that point) I finished my plowing then looked it up in the book. I have a 7'6" QA snow pusher box for mine, chains on all 4 tires and an 850 lb. rear ballast barrel. (I'm in the snow belt just southeast of Lake Ontario) We get lots of lake effect snow.

you probably got more snow than we did. We ended with around 150" for the season. We flat out ran out of places to push snow with the truck plow in my sons driveway. How does your fuel usage seem with the Tier 4? Noticeable difference from previous motors?

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab #6  
I only have 30 hours on mine. I haven't run it for an 8 hour day yet so can't compare fuel usage to my previous tractor. Previous 26 HP used just under 1 gal. per hour working the machine. At 30 hours I've probably gone through 20-25 gallons but most of that time was at idle or up to 1800 RPM. I would expect a 36 plus HP tractor to use a little more but maybe with a newly designed tier 4 motor it may use less. Plus the 3037 has a turbo, not sure if the TYM does or not.
We have the same problem here with snow. Usually by February my snow banks are 8'-10' high and have no place to put it. That's when I switch back to the bucket to move the snow banks. I plow out my 2 - 5 acre properties plus several neighbors driveways.

Well, went to the TYM dealer for a test ride. I liked the dealer. Tractor will turn on a dime! The 4 cyl Tier 3 Mitsubishi ran smooth. One thing I didn't like was that you couldn't curl and lift the bucket at the same time. Bucket would curl fully before it would raise. Are the 3037's that way? There is another LS dealer about 70 miles away that has the 3037's in stock. He has an ad on Craigslist for an XR 3037HC for $24340. Thought that sounded like a pretty good deal. Believe tires are filled with that price.

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab #8  
Well, went to the TYM dealer for a test ride. I liked the dealer. Tractor will turn on a dime! The 4 cyl Tier 3 Mitsubishi ran smooth. One thing I didn't like was that you couldn't curl and lift the bucket at the same time. Bucket would curl fully before it would raise. Are the 3037's that way? There is another LS dealer about 70 miles away that has the 3037's in stock. He has an ad on Craigslist for an XR 3037HC for $24340. Thought that sounded like a pretty good deal. Believe tires are filled with that price.

The price sounds excellent. Right in line with what I paid. Even better if you get filled tires for that price.
I can curl up or down while the loader is going up or down.
TYM has a 4 Cyl mitsubishi, 3037 has a 3 cyl turbocharged shibauru engine. Both good engines.

Thanks for confirming the good price, George. Can't wait to test out the LS! Gotta hurry pretty soon, domestic boss is starting to have second thoughts about this whole tractor deal. Just last week I sold my beloved 2010 Camaro SS/RS. As a very soon to be Grandpaw, I figured a tractor would be more fitting than a hotrod!

/ xr3037 Cab or TYM T353 Cab #10  
I have a 2012.

Attachments

• DSCN1201 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1201 (Medium).JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 134