Two questions I have

/ Two questions I have #1  

gphil12873

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC
I have about 20 hours on the XR4046HC....

One...When I turn the steeing wheel in either direction I get a sound that sounds similar to spinning a wheel on a play wagon or a two wheel dollie when the wheels are off the ground. If that make since. Sounds like it does when the wheel wobbles when you spin it. It has done it since new...Fluid level is full. Just annoying and you can feel it in the wheel. Any suggestions?

Two...How fast does everyones loader raise. It takes mine 10 or 15 seconds to fully raise. And it scarry fast when you let it down as fast as it will. Did some reading on here in the hydraulics forum and did see where the cables could possibly be out of adjustment. Seemed to fix on problem I read on the lift part. Couldnt find any specs with the lift time to compair mine to. Any suggestions?

Thanks

/ Two questions I have #2  
Not sure on the steering noise, but it is not normal as far as I have seen. There must be an issue with the loader lever/cables/valve. Our XR tractors don't take nearly that long if the engine speed is raised somewhat. Not raising it at idle, are you?

/ Two questions I have
No its not at idle. I will adjust the cables and see if it helps any. The steering I may call the dealer.

/ Two questions I have #4  
Your steering noise may be due to - you have turned the steering wheel to full lock, either right or left and the sound is the hydraulic pump working against the full lock situation. If this is the case - its a normal situation.

/ Two questions I have
Not turning it to full lock. It does it turning to the right or left while going stright. Nothing in the bucket, no extra load on the tires. If I turn real slow doesnt do it. Only does it when you turn faster.

/ Two questions I have #6  
Is the tractor rolling or stationary when it makes the noise?...on dirt, turf, asphalt? Which tires do you have on it?

/ Two questions I have
It dont matter if Im rolling or stopped. It doesnt do it when the tractor is first started up. Does it more after it is warmed up. Hydraulic fluid is full. It on dirt and turf.

/ Two questions I have #8  
My XR4040 does the same thing - I guess. Makes a groaning sound when turning the steering wheel quickly as when mowing and doing a modified Williamson turn. I know it's not at the full lock position. Mine has done this right out of box also. If you turn it slowly - no groaning.

/ Two questions I have
My XR4040 does the same thing - I guess. Makes a groaning sound when turning the steering wheel quickly as when mowing and doing a modified Williamson turn. I know it's not at the full lock position. Mine has done this right out of box also. If you turn it slowly - no groaning.

Yep..thats what I get. Mine doest do it till it gets warmed up good. Mine also doesnt do it while turning slowly.

/ Two questions I have #10  
Mine will make that groan regardless of operating temperature. But every time I turn the wheel fast...
I spoke with my dealer on Friday and he was unsure of the cause - his mechanic was gone for the day when I called.
I'll be calling again tomorrow to remind him of the conversation - we'll see!