LS R3039

/ LS R3039 #1  

Richland

Tractor
none
Well, this is my first post, so many questions..
Found a dealer with a "new" LS R3039, and was wondering about this machine. Being a complete noob I was wondering if this now discontinued model has a synchronized transmission (not just the shuttle)? Is it basically the same as a XR3032 except for engine?
What is the price difference between the R3039 and XR3032? What is a fair price for a R3039 with loader? How often is a fully synchronized transmission useful? Or is stopping to change gears not a problem at all? Thanks for any insight!

/ LS R3039 #2  
This is a discontinued model. It has a synchronized transmission. I am constantly shifting gears as I go up and down steep hills. It works great. I gave almost $18,000 for mine. I've used tractors for 45 years and this has by far been my favorite.

Eugene

/ LS R3039 #3  
LS makes a very good, price competitive tractor and I agonized between LS (R3039/4041/4047) and Kioti and drove them many times. What I think is a far more important consideration is how you will use it. I went with the larger series as it was just a small amount more money for the significantly increased capabilities and weight. And I wish I had another 1000 pounds more weight, like a Mahindra, but they were just too expensive.

If you will be making a lot of forward/rearward direction changes like using the FEL, a HST transmission will be a lot better usage. However, for open field-type work, a geared transmission will transmit more power.

Mine is used primarily for property clearing and driveway building so I selected a HST transmission and am very glad I did .

Enjoy you new purchase :)

/ LS R3039 #4  
The R3039 is still shown on the lstractorusa dot com web site with all specifications. Here is an excerpt:

Engine HP - 38.5
PTO HP - 31
Transmission - Fully Synchronized 12 forward x 12 reverse Shuttle Shift
3-Point Lift Capacity - 1,808 lbs.
Loader Lift Capacity - 2,250lbs.

/ LS R3039
That thread is *very* enlightening to say the least. Certainly does give one pause for sure, considering my potential dealer said "you don't want a tier 4 tractor" :confused2: Any XR3032 owners on this thread? How do you like yours?

/ LS R3039 #7  
That thread is *very* enlightening to say the least. Certainly does give one pause for sure, considering my potential dealer said "you don't want a tier 4 tractor" :confused2: Any XR3032 owners on this thread? How do you like yours?

I took delivery of my XR3032H July 3rd. I now have a little over 5 hours on it. So far, I'm really impressed with the tractor. It's done all I've asked it to do, and I haven't even started to press it into service.

I also have the backhoe option, but I've never operated a BH before. I'll get there soon enough.

/ LS R3039 #8  
   / LS R3039 #9  
Understandable, but with this one being new from a dealer, it should already come with the reinforce kit on it ... if it doesn't I'd make sure that is part of the deal. Time will tell but it will probably be fine as long as it has that kit on it.

Yes yours is a new model than the R3039 I would think you have nothing to worry about. Hope you have fun

/ LS R3039 #10  
I too just purchased a R3039 with back hoe. have about 17 hrs on it. I wasn't able to view the video. What am I missing? It doesn't sound good.