LS G3033H line leak

/ LS G3033H line leak #1  

WHSTRAT59

Tractor
LS G033H
My new (7 hrs) 3033H sprung a leak! Two hydraulic lines running laterally under the transmission with a welded on support clamp/bracket, and the forward line sprung a leak right where the bracket is welded to the line.
I'm a retired USAF aircraft maintenance chief, and any time a hydraulic line needed support, it typically had a removable adel or line clamp. Vibrations can cause forces over 10Gs, that split sheet metal and rupture lines under pressure. Anyway, I notified my sales dealer who had ordered the assembly. Has anyone else experienced this failure? When the new part gets installed, I'll look to make this support better if this will be an issue in the future. leaker.JPG

/ LS G3033H line leak #2  
Same make and model although I think I have a slightly different mount. What model year is yours? Pic may be too dark to see.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 149
   / LS G3033H line leak #3  
I haven't seen this on any of our LS tractors, but I've had it happen on Cummins engine fuel lines before.

/ LS G3033H line leak
My new (7 hrs) 3033H sprung a leak! Two hydraulic lines running laterally under the transmission with a welded on support clamp/bracket, and the forward line sprung a leak right where the bracket is welded to the line.
I'm a retired USAF aircraft maintenance chief, and any time a hydraulic line needed support, it typically had a removable adel or line clamp. Vibrations can cause forces over 10Gs, that split sheet metal and rupture lines under pressure. Anyway, I notified my sales dealer who had ordered the assembly. Has anyone else experienced this failure? When the new part gets installed, I'll look to make this support better if this will be an issue in the future.View attachment 382634

Follow up 22 Jul 2014: My dealer/service center ordered the hyd line I needed a week ago. It arrived 21 JULY 2014. 22 July, I pulled the faulty line and drove 56 miles to swap it with the new one, but the dealer received the wrong line! He suggested that if I didn't want to wait another week or so for a re-order, which I didn't, I could take the leaking line to a hose repair shop where he has an account and have them silver solder the hole. I did that, drove back home and installed it.

So much for customer support and honoring a warranty issue. The dealer did let me have the two lines I did not need, free of charge, but what about the 112 miles and hours I have to expend removing, waiting for repair, and reinstalling? This was non-support for a simple hyd line, I can't imagine what I'd get for a serious warranty issue.

I emailed Craig O'Brien (CRAIG.OBRIEN@LSTRACTORUSA.COM) to let him know how disappointed I am with this level of customer service, he read the email but offered no response.

/ LS G3033H line leak #5  
Follow up 22 Jul 2014: My dealer/service center ordered the hyd line I needed a week ago. It arrived 21 JULY 2014. 22 July, I pulled the faulty line and drove 56 miles to swap it with the new one, but the dealer received the wrong line! He suggested that if I didn't want to wait another week or so for a re-order, which I didn't, I could take the leaking line to a hose repair shop where he has an account and have them silver solder the hole. I did that, drove back home and installed it. So much for customer support and honoring a warranty issue. The dealer did let me have the two lines I did not need, free of charge, but what about the 112 miles and hours I have to expend removing, waiting for repair, and reinstalling? This was non-support for a simple hyd line, I can't imagine what I'd get for a serious warranty issue. I emailed Craig O'Brien (CRAIG.OBRIEN@LSTRACTORUSA.COM) to let him know how disappointed I am with this level of customer service, he read the email but offered no response.

I would dump it fast. Oh wait they they did get you going again.

/ LS G3033H line leak #6  
what do you want them to do

/ LS G3033H line leak #7  
Hello, my name is Memo and I’m new here. I have the same issue on my LS XG3037H does anyone has the part number for those two lines underneath the transmission or the diagram.
Thank you very much for any help.

Attachments

• 82411240-DBA2-4468-9E96-98B01C6CA08D.jpeg
    82411240-DBA2-4468-9E96-98B01C6CA08D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
   / LS G3033H line leak #8  
Hello, my name is Memo and I’m new here. I have the same issue on my LS XG3037H does anyone has the part number for those two lines underneath the transmission or the diagram.
Thank you very much for any help.
Go to Parts - LS Tractor USA scroll down to "Look Up Your Part" then select you tractor and the entire parts manual will at your disposal.