Proud owner of a new owner's manual

/ Proud owner of a new owner's manual #1  

nvmyhd

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR4155HC
IMAG0516.jpgIMAG0517.jpg
So today I sealed the deal on a LS hat and Owner's manual since I had such a cute co driver they decided to include a XR4046HC and Danuser EP6 offset quick attach auger with a 12 bit.

I want to thank Penrose Tractor Factory for the very soon transaction along with BSHfieldmaster (Rohn) for his advice. I will take deliver Sunday due to my hectic work schedule this week, otherwise they would have had it ready tomorrow afternoon.
For now the Auger will be driven by the rear remotes and hoses to the front, in the future I'll be looking at buying some diverter valves from Fitritehydraulics as I want to add T&T along with operate the front auger and the Gannon hydro teeth.
IMAG0486.jpg
I bought the H-220LR Gannon last week for $475 it needs new hoses other than and paint that is about mint. I think I'll paint it blue to match it new mule.
I'll post pictures of the delivery when it arrives as its mandatory for new owners :confused2:

Here are the other attachments I've acquired at auctions prior to the new toy, but I think I'll sell them and upgrade.
IMAG0492.jpg

/ Proud owner of a new owner's manual #2  
Welcome and congrats, I am very happy with my 4041. :thumbsup: :)

/ Proud owner of a new owner's manual
I took delivery today from Penrose Tractor Factory.
Spend about 20 minutes behind the seat and then began modifying..... :thumbsup:
I removed the factory front and rear lights and replaced with LED's two 4x4 floods in the back and one 22" combo flood/spot in the front.
It was actually pretty easy, it would have been easier if I has some bullet/butt connectors instead of crimp splice.
The hardest part was fishing the power up the driver side channel.
I still have to find a 30 amp fuze holder other wise I have some nice blazing bright lights.
If you want some details on how I mounted the 22" LED bar let me know, It was just a little cutting and welding no extra materials needed..

I also removed the factory speakers and will receive the new ones tomorrow.
But since I had a set of Orion 5 1/14" Components sitting in a drawer I wondered it they would fit and they will so I will now be installing those tomorrow vs. the 4" Rockfords I ordered.

I did find one thing I wondered about on each side near the back of the canopy there is an outlet that looks like a miniature cigarette outlet. Does any one know what this is? I did not check to see if it's constant or switched. Is this for beacons/strobes?

Anyways pictures.....
IMAG0522.jpg10552628_10203534002567397_8870979478531047454_n.jpg10525758_10203534002967407_1823594379702731172_n.jpg10478660_10203534003487420_4664455322531955889_n.jpg10351142_10203534003087410_9074609773604670950_n.jpg10259327_10203534003807428_7542714788620213217_n.jpg

IMAG0524.jpgIMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0526.jpgIMAG0527.jpg

More mods to come I should be doing some more welding tomorrow.

Last edited:
Some additional info on the lights.
I had bought the lights in. A group buy about a year ago. They are the typical eBay Amazon LED. The specs on the front bar is 22" 120W, 9000 lumens flood/spot combo I bought it for $170.
The rear are 3" 12W flood pattern these were $75 for the pair.
On the front I removed the original brackets that held the factory lights to the canopy, these were reused to mount the light where the 2 bolts are that hold down canopy.

They have a small bend on them that originally kept the factory lights from rotating this was cut off so that I could have a "L" shaped bracket.
IMAG0529.jpg
The original hole placed the bracket to far out and would cause it to hit the fiberglass so I drilled a new hole closer to the bend to account for the clearance.

Mounting
Now at this point you could go a different route I decided to weld mine on.
IMAG0530.jpg
The reason for this is I did not want to wrestle with a light that I could have to mount and dismount anytime I wanted to open the roof.
You could epoxy the brackets I suppose as the weight of the light is supported once you bolt the roof back on.
This left me with two brackets that ran parallel to the windshield. The best part was the spacing was exactly the same as the mounting as the new light.

Due to the current draw I decided to use a relay and the factory switch.
The main fuze block is on the drivers side sot made sense to run he 14g wire up that side.
At the top under the canopy is a cover that is silicone sealed it held down with two 10mm bolts. I ran a fish tape through from the top to the bottom.
IMAG0533.jpg
I reused the factory grommets for all the wires I had to cut one a little larger so that the front wire could make it through as its a heaver gauge.

The rear lights are an easy remove replace with the exception of the terminals.

Last edited:
   / Proud owner of a new owner's manual #5  
that is a switched plug for the strobe kit. I tried to buy just the plug but not available from factory. I have the same tractor and am doing the same thing. I was thinking of using it for two side lights.
I took delivery today from Penrose Tractor Factory.
Spend about 20 minutes behind the seat and then began modifying..... :thumbsup:
I removed the factory front and rear lights and replaced with LED's two 4x4 floods in the back and one 22" combo flood/spot in the front.
It was actually pretty easy, it would have been easier if I has some bullet/butt connectors instead of crimp splice.
The hardest part was fishing the power up the driver side channel.
I still have to find a 30 amp fuze holder other wise I have some nice blazing bright lights.
If you want some details on how I mounted the 22" LED bar let me know, It was just a little cutting and welding no extra materials needed..

I also removed the factory speakers and will receive the new ones tomorrow.
But since I had a set of Orion 5 1/14" Components sitting in a drawer I wondered it they would fit and they will so I will now be installing those tomorrow vs. the 4" Rockfords I ordered.

I did find one thing I wondered about on each side near the back of the canopy there is an outlet that looks like a miniature cigarette outlet. Does any one know what this is? I did not check to see if it's constant or switched. Is this for beacons/strobes?

Anyways pictures.....
View attachment 383480View attachment 383479View attachment 383478View attachment 383477View attachment 383476View attachment 383475

View attachment 383482View attachment 383481

View attachment 383483View attachment 383484

More mods to come I should be doing some more welding tomorrow.

Re: Proud owner of a new owners manual

Alright I got the speakers installed so for those of you wanting a large speaker it is possible in the factory location with a little modification to the headliner.
IMAG0537.jpgIMAG0536.jpgIMAG0535.jpg

Here are the measurements, they just fit due to the A/C ducting.
Well I had both measurements but the over all dia. was 6"to the outer edges.
IMAG0528.jpg

And the last modifications I performed tonight was moving the seat back a bolt hole to gain some room.

And I plastidipped the driver fender as it looks like it will get a lot of rubbing from getting in and out and avoiding the mirror.
IMAG0538.jpg

Last edited:
We we logged 4 hours on it delivered with 2.2 and parked at 6.2. The DPF regen cycle came on at 2.4 and I ran it at 1500rpm for 20 and it completed its cycle.

One thing that I have to get use to is the speed of the auger, its nothing like a PTO. It has the power and the ability to have down force is great but I was unable to spin the dirt off like I would with a 3pt mounted post hole digger.
I had to dig turn off and pull the hole clean with the bit. So it was messy compared to 3pt since I now have two piles of dirt.
auger.jpg

Last edited:
   / Proud owner of a new owner's manual #8  
Congrats on the new tractor.

I made light brackets for my XR3037HC. Mounted a 22" 120W LED (<$60.00) on the rear. The front bracket I mounted to the mirror brackets and moved the front cab lights down to it. Now I don't have to unplug them to pop the top. Also put 3 amber flashing strobes on the front bar and rear bar. I installed my own AM/FM/CD stereo but don't listen to the radio that much so the factory speakers are good enough for me.
I also ran hoses from the rear remotes to the front for my hydraulic thumb. I can switch the thumb from the forks to the bucket.
I also ordered a 7" monitor and cameras to mount front and back. I installed the monitor yesterday but the cameras haven't arrived yet. I will start a new post in the LS section once I get them installed.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN1092 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1092 (Small).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCN1099 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1099 (Small).JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCN1103 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1103 (Small).JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCN1274 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1274 (Large).JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCN1272 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1272 (Large).JPG
    458.2 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCN1094 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1094 (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 456
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 525
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 599
I hit 9 hours today at 8.8 it started a regen cycle.
Only thing I've been able to work on was removing the cylinder from the box blade and checking it over. I will need to face the ports backward or they will hit the quick hitch. This should not be a problem as I needed to get lines for it anyways. I did figure out that the tractor port size is 1/2 quick connect.
It also looks like I might need to modify the top of the 3pt on the Gannon to allow the QC to engage fully.

Over 14h now, I finally got to do some welding
IMAG0563.jpg
I added four 3/8" hooks to the bucket and three 2" hitch receivers. I have the hooks facing forward and back so I can place the chain anyway I please.
The 5/16 chain hooks fit through the receiver openings but the 3/8" chain will not but the give me a good termination point if needed.

I also added two 3/8" hooks to the front brush guard so as I have a sold tie-down point for transport.
IMAG0564.jpgIMAG0566.jpg