J-Series Mid mount mower

/ J-Series Mid mount mower #1  

jacob59

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS 2030, 9N, Ford 4600,
Does anyone on this post have a J-series with a mid-mount mower. If so could you take a few up close pictures of the rear of the tractor where it engages the lift arms and send them to me or upload them here. I'm having issues with mine.
Jacob59@yahoo.com
Thanks Jack

/ J-Series Mid mount mower #2  
I will try to take some photos of the rear lift engagement. I too have an issue with the deck lift but its not at the rear lift points. My issue is directly above the deck. For some reason the deck is contacting the underside of the tractor and is lifting unevenly. I can't even get the right side wheels off the ground where as the left side goes up about 2 inches. I just bought the J2023H it only has 21 hours on it so far.

Would you like me to post the photos or email them?

Regards, Geoff

/ J-Series Mid mount mower
Thks Geoff for getting back to me. You can email them or post what evers best for you. I don't have any problems with my mower lifting or lowering properly. My issues are with the lift flanges on the rear of the mount. If you like send some additional pics of your mower and the mid point attachments and we can compare installment. I've got a new 2030 and had the dealer install a new deck.
Jack

Last edited:
   / J-Series Mid mount mower #4  
Jack, Take a look at the attached photos of the rear links. I took a few different angles. My links sit below the flanges and are not physically connected. There is some rubbing that occurs and thus the paint is worn away. I have a drawbar attached and it pushes the links out far enough that they contact the spring bars (blue springs) on each side. So far that hasn't been and issue other than more rubbing.

Geoff

IMG_3759.jpgIMG_3758.jpgIMG_3762.jpg

Hey Geoff, thks for the pics. The drawbar I had was not long enough and was causing one of the two flanges to slip past the lift arm. I replaced it with a longer bar 28 " and it seems to be working properly now. I do have one question though. On the thrid pic there is a chain link on both sides attached to a blue what looks like a tension spring. I dont have this and it doesn't show it in the manual. What are they there for. Hard to tell from the pics. Did you get your deck figured out yet? Let me know if you need some pics of mine.
Thks Jack
ps. Do you drive over your deck when you remove it or pull it out from the side?

/ J-Series Mid mount mower #6  
Jack, The chain link is for locking the deck in the up position when using the 3pt hitch. In theory, the chains latch to the little holes in the flanges and when the links go down the chain prevents the deck mechanism from dropping any further. I haven't tried it so I am not sure how well it works.

As far as the deck raising issues. See attached pics. When I raise the deck, the underside of the tractor frame contacts the gearbox of the deck. If you look at the one picture of the cruise control latch you'll see that there isn't much room. In fact, I think the deck mount is preventing the cruise control latch from actually latching the pedal pin. I have contacted by dealer and they said that the unit they have works fine and they would fix it when I bring it in. This is a separate issue from the deck being able to raise all of the way up. That's a new one. Maybe you can look at your mounting an let me know if you see anything different.

I haven't removed my deck yet. I figure on that being a seasonal thing. While we are asking other questions....do you have an issue with the engine bogging down while mowing uphill or in thicker grass? I have only 21 hours on the unit so I am not running at 2700 RPM. I am keeping it at 2400 or below till the 500 hr break-in period is over.

IMG_3754.jpgIMG_3753.jpgIMG_3755.jpgIMG_3756.jpgIMG_3757.jpgIMG_3763.jpgIMG_3765.jpg

/ J-Series Mid mount mower #7  
I am keeping it at 2400 or below till the 500 hr break-in period is over.

Do you have an extra 0 on that break in time? Mine was 50 hours.

/ J-Series Mid mount mower #8  
I don't recall anything in my manual that said keep the engine below 2700 rpms for break in. I just remember that 50 hours is the first service interval for fluids and filters.

No I havent had bogging issues and I have been thru some tall fescue dry thou. I take it slow and cut high when in thick stuff. I'll look at my mower when I get home and check it out.
Jack

/ J-Series Mid mount mower #10  
There is no break-in time on the J2023 just maintenance schedule.