Tractor
    LS XR4046HC

Default XR4046HC update

I had the tractor at the dealer last week to look into a couple of leaks while it's under warranty and to do the 50 hr services. The A/C was also kicking off after 20 to 30 minutes of running and I wanted to have that looked at.

I had a small hydro oil leak from the rear housing. The dealer found that when it was assembled at the plant, the sealant was placed on the outside and squeezed out when it was bolted together. They split the rear housing and did it right this time. Refilled with oil, let it sit a few days to monitor it, and no leaks.

My coolant leak I've mentioned in other posts was simply a loose clamp. I didn't spend enough time searching for the cause originally because I knew it was going to the dealer.

The lesson I learned on the A/C problem: always check your radiator. I had used the tractor to break apart round bales that we were burning, and the screen and radiator became blocked with ashes. I didn't think to check it because the temp gauge never showed hot, but that was the reason the A/C was shutting down. Quick easy cheap fix (the best kind).

Anyway it's nice to have it back in the barn. It has 54 hours on it now.
    1 cross + 3 nails = 4given
    Write with chisel when I'm gone, "Return to sender" on my stone.

LS XR4046HC, Titan bale spear/60" pallet forks, Land Pride 72" brush hog, King Kutter 72" box blade, Woods 60" rear blade, King Kutter 60" tiller, Pat's Easy Change

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Default Re: XR4046HC update

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    I had the tractor at the dealer last week to look into a couple of leaks while it's under warranty and to do the 50 hr services. The A/C was also kicking off after 20 to 30 minutes of running and I wanted to have that looked at.

I had a small hydro oil leak from the rear housing. The dealer found that when it was assembled at the plant, the sealant was placed on the outside and squeezed out when it was bolted together. They split the rear housing and did it right this time. Refilled with oil, let it sit a few days to monitor it, and no leaks.

My coolant leak I've mentioned in other posts was simply a loose clamp. I didn't spend enough time searching for the cause originally because I knew it was going to the dealer.

The lesson I learned on the A/C problem: always check your radiator. I had used the tractor to break apart round bales that we were burning, and the screen and radiator became blocked with ashes. I didn't think to check it because the temp gauge never showed hot, but that was the reason the A/C was shutting down. Quick easy cheap fix (the best kind).

Anyway it's nice to have it back in the barn. It has 54 hours on it now.
    Yea my tractor had a similar gasket problem only mine was the transmission. I let it wait till winter when we went on vacation and they fixed it, a bit harder when they have to break the tractor in two. It all worked out no more leak and that is all the warranty items I had.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH