gun rack

/ gun rack #1  

hd5

Silver Member
Tractor
MF2705, MF135 XR4046H
I hope I haven't stepped into a bunch of gun hating folks who will run me off, but I would like to put a rifle rack on the rop of my 4046H. Any suggestions?
Probably will want to carry my AR-15 or .223 bolt action.

I need to thin the coyote population and I see them a lot when I'm on the tractor.
Also groundhogs making holes in the pasture that could break a cows leg.

Semi related, I know a guy who owns a golf cart business, been in the business for years. He probably has a used canopy that I could get cheap.
Has any one tried mounting one of those on a LS tractor.
I need to do a search but one of you has posted the matching color of paint on here somewhere.
thanks

/ gun rack
One more question, Is there a way for me to be emailed or texted when someone replies to a thread I am reading? I have looked and can't find it

/ gun rack #3  
One more question, Is there a way for me to be emailed or texted when someone replies to a thread I am reading? I have looked and can't find it

In the black bar at the top of your first post there's a menu on the right end. One of the menu choices is "Thread Tools" and if you click that drop down menu one of the next choices is "subscribe to this thread". Choosing that will take you to a new page where you can select how you wish to be notified. Choices include Instant E-Mail as well as several others.

I'm a shooter myself located in eastern Missouri, but can't help with this particular question regarding your mounting options.

/ gun rack #4  
I mounted a Pistol on mine but I have a cab- I think adding a canopy to yours and putting an overhead gun mount for a p/u truck would be your best bet. As far as paint I found Ford Blue from the tractor supply looks almost the same. I am also going to find a spot for a rifle. I've seen some where they put a scabbard against the loader frame-that might work also but I like the canopy mount idea better-more protection for you rifle.

/ gun rack #5  
Not LS but I just put a cheapo 2 gun on the rops behind the seat. Remember the old rear window gun racks every pick up truck used to have? I just mounted one of those behind the seat on the rops and it works great.
I'll post a picture tonight.

/ gun rack #6  
I no longer carry a rifle, but for many years, we used a covered ATV type hard scabbard, worked really well. There is an old very long thread on this if you have the time to search for it, good luck.

/ gun rack #8  
   / gun rack #9  
hd5, the majority of the members are pro 2nd amendment rights. Only 3 or 4 are vocally anti. Maybe a half dozen others are lukewarm.

/ gun rack #10  
Seems like that would be their problem considering the 2nd amendment is the the law.
hd5, the majority of the members are pro 2nd amendment rights. Only 3 or 4 are vocally anti. Maybe a half dozen others are lukewarm.