New LS XR4046 HC

/ New LS XR4046 HC #1  

southerbre

Tractor
LS XR 4046HC
Hi to all...I'm new to this site. I Picked up my new LS XR4046 HC last night. This is my first tractor and I have lots to learn...so I might ask lots of silly questions. Im waiting on some attachments that couldn't fit on the trailer.

Attachments

• image-297901503.jpg
    image-297901503.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 510
   / New LS XR4046 HC #2  
southerbre, Did you buy the tractor from LJ Patteson, if so i am wondering what u think of the back hoe, Because looking at buying
the same tractor with just the backhoe and loader. from them also. Nervous about if the backhoe will do the job of digging trenches
in a trailer park.
Thanks danman62

/ New LS XR4046 HC #3  
Welcome to forum and looks like lots fun ahead , enjoy enjoy enjoy .

/ New LS XR4046 HC
Yes, i bought it from LJ Patterson. I did plenty of research and this tractor stood as being a solid and reliable machine for a reasonable price. I was hesitant on the backhoe originally but was assured that although it might be rated somewhat lower in terms of digging force that it can more than handle the tough jobs. The way it was explained to me was that the numbers don't always show what it can do and supposedly this backhoe can hold its own with the competitors and out-dig many of them. I have no experience with this type of equipment and I'm anxious to try it out. I took the salesman's and the manufacturer's word on it. So far, LJ Patterson appears very good to deal with. I will keep you posted.

/ New LS XR4046 HC #6  
I have the same setup and have had it almost a year, it is quite capable of some serious digging, I could not find my septic tank and spend weeks by hand probing to ground and the plumber wanted 2 grand just to find it so I bought the tractor with the back hoe and in just a couple of hours I followed my sewer pipe about 20 feet and dug down 4 feet to the tank. It made the job nothing compared to what I was doing.
southerbre, Did you buy the tractor from LJ Patteson, if so i am wondering what u think of the back hoe, Because looking at buying
the same tractor with just the backhoe and loader. from them also. Nervous about if the backhoe will do the job of digging trenches
in a trailer park.
Thanks danman62

/ New LS XR4046 HC #7  
Congrats, Southerbre! Thanks for sharing your dealer feedback on the BH -- was a little apprehensive too, but folks like W.Oaks have had such good feedback figured I couldn't go wrong. You got the LS blower too, or is that a blue box blade in the pic? Great to see so many new LS owners on TBN.

Haven't seen any XU owners provide BH feedback (am I first?) or any discussion on bucket sizes in the LS forum. Not to hijack thread, but what size BH buckets are y'all running? I wanted a 16" but dealer ordered 18" -- think that may actually be in my favor. Hope to have it delivered soon so I can find out!

/ New LS XR4046 HC #8  
Congrats on the new machine, nice set-up!!:thumbsup:

/ New LS XR4046 HC
Thanks all for the warm welcome to the site.

Yes...Blessed Mess...that is a snowblower. It is not the LS; it is a 78" rear mount made by Econor. I assume they paint them to match many tractor makes. I haven't even sat in the seat of this tractor yet as i'm working everyday...looking forward to the weekend!

/ New LS XR4046 HC #10  
southerbre . Will Be waiting to here how u like it, Pretty sure we will be buying the 4046hc this week with backhoe. Whispering Oak has ease my mind
on the back hoe, Thank for feed back.
danman62