Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel?

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel? #1  

buckster1

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I moved this over to this forum to get some LS owners.

folks, First post--wasn't sure where to put this. Could figure out how to get it into tractor specific forum...looking to see if anyone has seen/used/touched one of the front mount snowblowers that LS tractors is marketing. The have different sizes. I'm looking at the 74 inch. I currently run a BX2750, front mount kubota. Looking to get into a bigger machine with a cab. Was thinking of doing a drop gear box off the rear PTO and running an Erskine's type. But just trying to price out and get the feel for the quality of these LS snowblowers....
I spend about 70-80 hours a winter in the snow--average 160-240inches of snow. Thanks in advance. I realize that this attachment is relatively new for LS. They seem to be running it up in Canada some. But many of the dealers in the US have no experience with it.

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel? #2  

folks, First post--wasn't sure where to put this. Could figure out how to get it into tractor specific forum...looking to see if anyone has seen/used/touched one of the front mount snowblowers that LS tractors is marketing. The have different sizes. I'm looking at the 74 inch. I currently run a BX2750, front mount kubota. Looking to get into a bigger machine with a cab. Was thinking of doing a drop gear box off the rear PTO and running an Erskine's type. But just trying to price out and get the feel for the quality of these LS snowblowers....
I spend about 70-80 hours a winter in the snow--average 160-240inches of snow. Thanks in advance. I realize that this attachment is relatively new for LS. They seem to be running it up in Canada some. But many of the dealers in the US have no experience with it.

I would be curious on this also. I have the 68" blower on order. Very little info out there. My dealer told me they are mfg. by a Canadian company with experience. This is made to fit XR3037HC. We typically get in the low to mid 200", but more last year. Can't wait to use it.

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel?
Thanks finn lander. for that you must use the mid PTO correct? Which is an extra install? I'm looking at getting that bigger blower on the xr4046hc. Could you ask your dealer what company makes them? I call LS corporate US down in North Carolina....they really didn't know what I was asking. The dealer was asking around $7,600 US for the 74 inch model LW3137.

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel? #4  
Yes: 500 for mid pto. Pd 5,800 or close to that for 68". I'll ask him again about mfg.

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel? #5  

I have the smaller unit (54"?)-paid 2600-on the front of my 2023- I have a 850' gravel driveway and the blower works fine here in upstate NY(Rochester)-As I understand it the LS blowers are made by a Canadian company for LS - the company has been around for awhile and my view is if your making blowers in Canada and are still in business then the blower must be OK. I also fabbed up a hydraulic chute control for mine -using the remaining hydraulic output-couldn't see the 8-900 bucks for factory control. It works great but 70-80 hours of blowing is far beyond my 15-20 per season. Hope this info helps-Good Luck.

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel? #6  

I checked with my dealer. He thought berco or bercomac out of Canada. Their website doesn't show a lot, but they have been in business for a long time. I'll be able to say more in a year after some use.

I checked with my dealer. He thought berco or bercomac out of Canada. Their website doesn't show a lot, but they have been in business for a long time. I'll be able to say more in a year after some use.

Well, I have a wealth of information. I had a nice exchange with LS corporate and my dealer spoke with his rep. So... these are quality machines. They are made by radtechnologies, which acquired Bervac. They are out of Quebec. They are the same company that makes all the Kubota front end blowers. The manual pages I saw are the exact same format and language as my Kubota's manual. The mating subframe it the same (and is patented). I was given many additional pics from corporate. Excellent service.
After seeing the specs/build and knowing how much I've put my 50 inch Kubota BX2750C through, I am highly confident in these machines and their quality. I have had to so some minor repairs to my blower that involved the drive shaft. Two spring pins sheared-that was an easy fix. And then once the weld on a sprocket failed--the sprocket teeth were spot welded onto the drive shaft that turned the chain. Now they are welded completely around the drive shaft.

Gravel can chew up some machines if you don't have the skid feet set correctly.

Anyway, the 74 inch is coming in at near 700 pounds. The ship weight is 854 lbs but I suspect some of that is the subframe mount.

Well, I have a wealth of information. I had a nice exchange with LS corporate and my dealer spoke with his rep. So... these are quality machines. They are made by radtechnologies, which acquired Bervac. They are out of Quebec. They are the same company that makes all the Kubota front end blowers. The manual pages I saw are the exact same format and language as my Kubota's manual. The mating subframe it the same (and is patented). I was given many additional pics from corporate. Excellent service.
After seeing the specs/build and knowing how much I've put my 50 inch Kubota BX2750C through, I am highly confident in these machines and their quality. I have had to so some minor repairs to my blower that involved the drive shaft. Two spring pins sheared-that was an easy fix. And then once the weld on a sprocket failed--the sprocket teeth were spot welded onto the drive shaft that turned the chain. Now they are welded completely around the drive shaft.

Anyway, the 74 inch is coming in at near 700 pounds. The ship weight is 854 lbs but I suspect some of that is the subframe mount.

Here is the website. Not much info. but you could always call them

RadTechnologies > Accueil

/ Any advice on LS snowblower quality/pricing durability of the steel? #9  

Great job on the research. Thanks. My dealer said mine will be in this week.

I'm going to put an order in for one. Again after looking into the LS line, quality is there. Much more tractor/implement for the money! Let me know what you think of the 68 inch.
I'll try to put an attachment of a photo from corporate: your xr3037 with the 68 inch blower--so sweet!
Great job on the research. Thanks. My dealer said mine will be in this week.

Attachments

• LS Snow blower photo 1.jpg
    LS Snow blower photo 1.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 1,573