Adj pressure

/ Adj pressure #1  

Rc4510

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ls xr4046 with cab
Hey guys,is there a way to turn down press on rear hy remotes.i am trying to hook a cyl to turn my rear blade but it's putting way to much force on the cyl brackets.its a 3" cyl.the blade is a heavy built degelman.thanks

/ Adj pressure #2  
Other than adjusting the system relief pressure, you cant reduce the operating pressure on the hydraulics. Reducing the main pump relief pressure would affect the whole tractor so everything would be weaker.

I really don't understand your problem though as rear blades are designed to swivel 360 degrees, so how is the cylinder putting any pressure on the brackets other than just holding the blade immobile. Decreasing the pressure is not going to help your situation. When you release the hydraulic lever, you close the valve so no oil is going to flow in either direction which would mean that any pressure you put on the blade is going to be transferred to the brackets /cylinder which is not going to move due to the closed valve

.If the brackets aren't strong enough to hold the blade immobile, then I would suggest that you modify the brackets so that they are stronger.

/ Adj pressure #3  
First off, a 3" cylinder is OVERKILL! At 2500 psi, that 3" cylinder generates 23,550 lbs of force! If it is straining your brackets, maybe the cylinder stroke is too long. Pressure is your friend. You want to maintain factory relief pressure. If you REALLY wanted to reduce the psi, Surplus Center has hydraulic pressure reducing valves.

We need a picture of your setup... It really seems like a geometry issue.

CT

/ Adj pressure #4  
If your remote valve is say, the second valve in the flow path, and has a relief valve, then you can turn it down for the pressure you desire.

However, if there is any other cyl after that valve, then the pressure it can develop it is going to be reduced also.

Pressure is developed in the hyd component itself by the load imposed on the pump.