Don't wait for 50h service

/ Don't wait for 50h service #1  

nvmyhd

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR4155HC
I try to stay ahead of my service schedule, and during my 40h check I found my front axle bolts on the passenger side were severely loose. Three of Tue four on the passenger side were not even finger tight allowing the housing to start separating.
I remove one at a time and used blue locktite.
Pictures shortly, the phone app crashes when I try to attach.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141123_192634.png
    ForumRunner_20141123_192634.png
    494.3 KB · Views: 378
   / Don't wait for 50h service #2  
I try to stay ahead of my service schedule, and during my 40h check I found my front axle bolts on the passenger side were severely loose. Three of Tue four on the passenger side were not even finger tight allowing the housing to start separating.

What other bolts are you supposed to check? I don't see why those were loose anyway.

/ Don't wait for 50h service #3  
What other bolts are you supposed to check? I don't see why those were loose anyway.

This is also a problem on the Japanese Mahindras on their 16 series. Not certain why they come loose but they do. Other areas to check are wheel lug nuts, engine to frame mounting bolts and if you have one, fel to frame mounting bolts. I take a marker or grease crayon and draw a vertical line on all of these bolt heads to see if i'm getting any loosening.

/ Don't wait for 50h service #4  
I would think if torqued properly they would stay tight ?

/ Don't wait for 50h service #6  

Yikes! Glad you checked.

/ Don't wait for 50h service #7  
Going to check mine today. Anyone know of a torque value for these bolts?

/ Don't wait for 50h service #8  
Good to know. I just did my 50 hour service last weekend (at 41 hrs) and I did find a few loose bolts (maybe a 1/4 turn tightened them up)but didn't find anything that loose. I checked every bolt or nut I could find along with going by the 50 hr. check list.

/ Don't wait for 50h service #9  
I would think if torqued properly they would stay tight ?

I see you never put on a set of exhaust headers:) There it's because of the heat difference "walking" the metal enough to loosen bolts until the metal adapts. On a tractor I'd have to assume transitional forces overcome the torque. Perhaps they are using too small a bolt but then pieces would have to be larger thus increasing prices.