Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #1  

BrianWillan

Greetings

I am looking at LS tractors for my needs around my property. Snow clearing will be one of the big tasks. We get snow sometimes measured in feet vs. inches many winters. The specs page on the LS tractor web site does not indicate what the ground clearance is for the any of the tractors that I could see.

So if someone who has either a XR3037HC or a XR4046HC and can measure it for me, I would appreciate it. I do realize that my tire choice will have an impact on ground clearance, however I don't think it will be large. I will either spec out the R4 industrial or the Ag tire. I don't have much grass to worry about, so the turf tire is not a factor.

Thanks

Brian

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #2  
I have a 2014 XR 4040HC with R4 tires. I will measeure and take pictures tomorrow

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #4  
Brian,
I have a 2014 XR3037HC with R4's. Ground clearance is 8" on the support brackets. Everything else is higher. Snow plowing is the main purpose for my tractor. I run chains front and rear, rear tires are loaded, and I have rear ballast I can add if needed. I use a 7'6" QA plow and a 7'6" snow pusher box depending on where I plow.

Attachments

• DSCN1425 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1425 (Medium).JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCN1423 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1423 (Medium).JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 169
   / Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC
Brian,
I have a 2014 XR3037HC with R4's. Ground clearance is 8" on the support brackets. Everything else is higher. Snow plowing is the main purpose for my tractor. I run chains front and rear, rear tires are loaded, and I have rear ballast I can add if needed. I use a 7'6" QA plow and a 7'6" snow pusher box depending on where I plow.

Thanks for taking the time to measure ground clearance and take pictures. I will say that concrete floor where you park your tractor is pretty clean. ;)

For my particular needs, I will be getting a snowblower for my LS tractor. Snow removal will be a primary use for my tractor.

Cheers

Brian

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #6  
A little hither than the 3037. On my xr4046hc the subframe sits at 12inches and the lower front axle holder is about 9inches off the ground at the hub connection. I have R4s. Just cleared snow yesterday. Seems like decent clearance although the low fuel tank could get crunched if you were climbing rocks. But easy to fill.

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #7  
Thanks for taking the time to measure ground clearance and take pictures. I will say that concrete floor where you park your tractor is pretty clean. ;)

For my particular needs, I will be getting a snowblower for my LS tractor. Snow removal will be a primary use for my tractor.

Cheers

Brian

Garage floor isn't that clean. I do sweep it daily and use speedy dry or kitty litter on any spills. You can see some of it in the pics. Getting the LS front mount snow blower will require the dealer to install the mid PTO option or any 3 pt. blower would work. Keep us posted on what you get and post pics.

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #8  
On my XR4040HC its 12.5" to the lowest point of the loader sub frame near the rear axle.

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC
A little hither than the 3037. On my xr4046hc the subframe sits at 12inches and the lower front axle holder is about 9inches off the ground at the hub connection. I have R4s. Just cleared snow yesterday. Seems like decent clearance although the low fuel tank could get crunched if you were climbing rocks. But easy to fill.

Thanks for taking the time to get this information for me. I appreciate it.

Garage floor isn't that clean. I do sweep it daily and use speedy dry or kitty litter on any spills. You can see some of it in the pics. Getting the LS front mount snow blower will require the dealer to install the mid PTO option or any 3 pt. blower would work. Keep us posted on what you get and post pics.

I figured that the front mount blower would require a mid PTO. I certainly don't want to get a regular 3 pt plower and have to operate in reverse all the time. So, in my mind, the choice is an inverted or pull type blower or getting a front mount snow blower with the mid PTO option. I will see which options turns out to be more cost effective.

On my XR4040HC its 12.5" to the lowest point of the loader sub frame near the rear axle.

Thanks for taking the time to find out this information and post it.

Cheers

Brian

/ Ground clearance for XR3037HC and XR4046HC #10  
Thanks for taking the time to get this information for me. I appreciate it.

I figured that the front mount blower would require a mid PTO. I certainly don't want to get a regular 3 pt plower and have to operate in reverse all the time. So, in my mind, the choice is an inverted or pull type blower or getting a front mount snow blower with the mid PTO option. I will see which options turns out to be more cost effective.

Thanks for taking the time to find out this information and post it.

Cheers

Brian

I'd consider a hydraulic front mount blower with a hydrostatic drive tractor. Much easier to hook up and unhook than messing with a PTO shft. And with a skid steer attachment, you can get them easily (and used if you want). Of course, this means hydraulic lines will have to be run to the front of the loader and you will have to switch/ add a (electronic) valve that will stay open with the flick of a switch.

Then again, I've never used a snow blower on a tractor, just 1000's upon 1000's of hours with them mounted on skid steers and that's how they're all set up.

Just my 2 cents
Danny