What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ?

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #1  

bigcut

Silver Member
Tractor
Garden Tractor
I just read a thread about someone in the NE who wanted to buy an LS tractor, but, the closest authorized dealer doesn't have a shop for display, and service for repair and maintenance. Forgive me, but, that sounds like "fly-by night" to me. Used car dealers have more of a presence than that.

Furthermore, I just came back from the "Farm Show" here in Harrisburg, PA, the state capitol. The Farm Show has been held here each year, for over 100 years, (people come from all over) and yet there were NO "LS" representation that I could find, unless I missed their display. JD, Kubota, Mahindra, etc. had dealer representation, but, NO LS. While I think they (LS) have a great product, with great pricing, their Dealer selection and representation appears to be the weak link.

Maka, has stated previously that he used to be a Dealer and knows many of the management members of LS US. I was wondering if Maka and others could comment on this. Why is it that Kubota, JD, and others seem to have a strong dealer network, yet, LS seems to be thin/weak, and some of the dealers they do have, give the impression of nothing more than a store front.

I'm starting to believe that their website "Dealer Locator" is weak for a reason. They don't want you to know just how few and far between their dealer network is. What is it about "LS" that makes it so hard for them to obtain quality dealers, ie. lack of financial incentive/margin, ???? Or, do I have a misconception ?

What do you guys and ladies think ?
John

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #2  
I know LS was at the Farm Show in Louisville last year and is scheduled there this year. It is a very large show. As I posted on the other thread their website is very poorly setup to find dealers.I have a dealer 15 minutes away and 2 more within 2 hours. It may be a regional thing.

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #3  
I know LS was at the Farm Show in Louisville last year and is scheduled there this year. It is a very large show. As I posted on the other thread their website is very poorly setup to find dealers.I have a dealer 15 minutes away and 2 more within 2 hours. It may be a regional thing.

You may be right.
A local,very small,dealer near me sells LS along with New Holland and Branson. But within 30 miles is a medium sized John Deere dealerand a huge Kubota,Bobcat,and Doosan dealer.

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #4  
I think it depends on where you are. Some areas are well represented, others aren't. The nearest LS dealer to me is in Marshfield, About 60 miles. They are pretty good sized and have been around for quite a while. If you think LS is thin, try to find a Branson or TYM. Really weak in comparison to LS. It takes time to get a dealer network going in the face of stiff competition. Don't count out LS yet, they are still on the upswing.

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #5  
Periodically changing United States EPA requirements are a major expense to foreign tractor producers. (Non-tariff barriers to entry.)

How many competing tractor brands from Korea are viable in the US? I'd say TWO not FOUR. And TWO may be too high. Time will tell.

The Chinese have yet to make a push into the US tractor market.

There are six sustainable compact tractor brands competing directly in the US. As the tractor market is not that large, how many more brands could be viable?

Last edited:
   / What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #6  
The LS dealer in Tehama County, CA where I used to live has over 100 tractors in stock along with decent parts and service department.

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #7  
I just read a thread about someone in the NE who wanted to buy an LS tractor, but, the closest authorized dealer doesn't have a shop for display, and service for repair and maintenance. Forgive me, but, that sounds like "fly-by night" to me. Used car dealers have more of a presence than that. Furthermore, I just came back from the "Farm Show" here in Harrisburg, PA, the state capitol. The Farm Show has been held here each year, for over 100 years, (people come from all over) and yet there were NO "LS" representation that I could find, unless I missed their display. JD, Kubota, Mahindra, etc. had dealer representation, but, NO LS. While I think they (LS) have a great product, with great pricing, their Dealer selection and representation appears to be the weak link. Maka, has stated previously that he used to be a Dealer and knows many of the management members of LS US. I was wondering if Maka and others could comment on this. Why is it that Kubota, JD, and others seem to have a strong dealer network, yet, LS seems to be thin/weak, and some of the dealers they do have, give the impression of nothing more than a store front. I'm starting to believe that their website "Dealer Locator" is weak for a reason. They don't want you to know just how few and far between their dealer network is. What is it about "LS" that makes it so hard for them to obtain quality dealers, ie. lack of financial incentive/margin, ???? Or, do I have a misconception ? What do you guys and ladies think ? John

John;

What did Kubota dealer network look like 25-30 years ago? As I understand LS just started marketing, their own tractors, in USA in 2009. Prior to that they just built tractors for other brands in USA.

All brands, including the green ones, the red ones, and the Orange ones, have strong dealers and weak dealers. The strong ones will be successful. And the weak will eventually fail.

One of the strongest LS Dealers is RCO Tractors in Austin and Greenville Texas. I bypassed several closer dealers to buy from RCO which is 100 miles from ranch.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #8  
I agree that it must be regional. There seems to be a pretty decent LS network here in Michigan. As a joke one time I clicked on their website link "become a dealer," and they denied me saying there was already representation within 45 miles. (I think it was 45 miles)

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #9  
It will take time to establish. How many new tractor dealers have you seen open? That is, did not have any dealership previously, compared to a dealer switching brands. Until a particular dealer decides his current line is not going anywhere he may not switch or add to it. Also the regions that have strong, large dealerships of the "top" brands, LS may not try to push into those areas until more established elsewhere and better known. In those areas, and others, how many people are loyal to their "color" tractor to the point that they would buy that color no matter what. You see that mentalitiy on here from time to time.

Just going to take time, but I think they are here for the long run.

/ What is the Strength of "LS" Dealer Network ? #10  
LS has a strong dealer network in my area, southeast Missouri. I have a dealer in my town, another dealer an hour north, and a third dealer 1.5 hours south. And those are just the ones that I went to on my search. I think they are stronger in different areas of the country, not really any different from brands.