Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #1  

gso125

Tractor
Kubota BX25d
I have the kubota bx25d with front mount snowblower b2750d and absolutely love it. I wish I had bought bigger with a cab 18 months ago but I thought I would be fine but this winter has been awful with over 9 feet of snow this month and freezing temps I want a cab. I have been pricing out the kubota,JD and Mahindra 30plus hp cab machines and then found the LS line and it looks great. After some phone calls and web searches I found a dealer in Woodstock CT 45 miles away. I want the xr3037 loader and front mount snowblower. If prices are good maybe a BH or grapple. I have almost 3 acres and a 500 foot steep drive way to clear. I only wish they made a shorter cab but all models I've checked on are higher than my garage door of 84 1/2 in. Any one have the front mount snowblower or advise on this xr3037 setup thanks.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #2  
There is at least one XR3037HC owner on here that bought the front mount blower. I couldn't justify the price of a front blower so I built my own QA power angle plow and have a pusher blade. Been using the bucket lately to move back the snow banks.
We also have had lots of snow this year and I'm glad for the heated cab. Many below zero days out plowing and had to take off my coat in the cab it gets so warm.
I think you are out of luck finding a cab tractor that will fit under your 84 1/2" door. My 3037 is about 95" tall due to my addition of an LED flashing strobe.

Attachments

• DSCN1466 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1466 (Large).JPG
    309.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1076 (Medium).JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1403 (Medium).JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 207
   / Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037
I had two trucks with plows a 2001 f350 and 2011 f250 diesels with 8ft fisher plows. I was tired of the bankings and getting stuck. The f250 hardly got stuck with locking rear differential. I had a warn winch handy to get out just incase. This is why I got the tractor/snowblower been best thing except cold. I thought of a bigger tractor and just get a plow and use the loader/plow but I see you still have to chain up if you go that route. I thought of rear blower but it kills my neck to twisted back to much so I don't think I'll do it but cost might be a factor. I found some threads on here that have the front mount blowers looks great. I need to see final costs with pricing might even go up a model being putting in my garage is out of the question. Thanks Gerry

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #4  
I have the kubota bx25d with front mount snowblower b2750d and absolutely love it. I wish I had bought bigger with a cab 18 months ago but I thought I would be fine but this winter has been awful with over 9 feet of snow this month and freezing temps I want a cab. I have been pricing out the kubota,JD and Mahindra 30plus hp cab machines and then found the LS line and it looks great. After some phone calls and web searches I found a dealer in Woodstock CT 45 miles away. I want the xr3037 loader and front mount snowblower. If prices are good maybe a BH or grapple. I have almost 3 acres and a 500 foot steep drive way to clear. I only wish they made a shorter cab but all models I've checked on are higher than my garage door of 84 1/2 in. Any one have the front mount snowblower or advise on this xr3037 setup thanks.

I have the 3037 and front mount blower. I still plow, and primarily use blower on banks. I would vouch for it.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #5  
I had two trucks with plows a 2001 f350 and 2011 f250 diesels with 8ft fisher plows. I was tired of the bankings and getting stuck. The f250 hardly got stuck with locking rear differential. I had a warn winch handy to get out just incase. This is why I got the tractor/snowblower been best thing except cold. I thought of a bigger tractor and just get a plow and use the loader/plow but I see you still have to chain up if you go that route. I thought of rear blower but it kills my neck to twisted back to much so I don't think I'll do it but cost might be a factor. I found some threads on here that have the front mount blowers looks great. I need to see final costs with pricing might even go up a model being putting in my garage is out of the question. Thanks Gerry

Gerry,
I bought my 3037 toward the end of plowing season (Feb) last year and only plowed about 3 or 4 times. I did not have the chains nor were the rear tires loaded and I did have loss of traction and tire spin. Several months ago I got the chains and loaded the rear tires. I automatically installed the chains at the beginning of the season. I have not had any traction loss or spinning this season but haven't tried plowing without the chains. I am considering taking the chains off to try it now that the rears are loaded. If I take off the chains I can always add rear ballast if I lose traction.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037
If anyone can share what a xr3037 hydrostatic/cab/loader ballpark price is. I called the dealership back today and he said it would be 35k with a front mount snowblower. He didn't give me a break down and I'm afraid he is also quoting me a shuttle gear not hydro. I'm taken the day off tomorrow to visit and test out LS tractor they have a shuttle xr4046 thanks. He also said 12k trade for my bx25d and snowblower no way it's got 80hrs I'll get more selling on Craig's list or keep it.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #7  
Seems high to me. I paid $27K for an XR3037H, with taxes, a rear blade, a land rake and pallet forks. A cab would have set me back about $3K.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #8  
Gerry,
I bought my 3037 toward the end of plowing season (Feb) last year and only plowed about 3 or 4 times. I did not have the chains nor were the rear tires loaded and I did have loss of traction and tire spin. Several months ago I got the chains and loaded the rear tires. I automatically installed the chains at the beginning of the season. I have not had any traction loss or spinning this season but haven't tried plowing without the chains. I am considering taking the chains off to try it now that the rears are loaded. If I take off the chains I can always add rear ballast if I lose traction.

I'd feel pretty silly to have a good set of chains hanging up on the wall of the garage while I was stuck in a snow filled ditch I'd slid into for lack of traction. The load in the tires helps the chains to bite into the ice. Without chains the load just increases the speed of your slide into the ditch.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #9  
I'd feel pretty silly to have a good set of chains hanging up on the wall of the garage while I was stuck in a snow filled ditch I'd slid into for lack of traction. The load in the tires helps the chains to bite into the ice. Without chains the load just increases the speed of your slide into the ditch.

No ditches to slid into here. Just flat driveway plowing. Too darn cold here so haven't taken them off yet and probably won't.

/ Looking to buy a tractor with cab. I like the specs on xr3037 #10  
No ditches to slid into here. Just flat driveway plowing. Too darn cold here so haven't taken them off yet and probably won't.

You need some hills and drop offs to keep it interesting.