Question about tier 4

/ Question about tier 4 #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
Hi all I have been creeping on the site for some time now and with that said I was sure that I would be getting a kubota 2650 but now im thinking of the 3037. However im unsure if this should be considered given the teir 4 standards. I have researched a bit with no luck of anyone thats had problems with tier 4 on the LS. To be honest im not even sure how much of problem it is. I know with kubota there are some unhappy people. It could be b/c nobody has reported many issues b/c they dont have any. So if anyone had some info on this that would be great. Im not looking at buying until this summer some time.

/ Question about tier 4 #2  
It seems to regen more in the winter because of not working it for longer times like in spring and summer. LS is coming out with their own engines sometime this summer which will be common rail fuel delivery system. This will eliminate the regen mode.

/ Question about tier 4
How long have you had your 4046? Do you manually regen your machine at all if you notice that your not working it much.

/ Question about tier 4 #4  
I have an XR3037HC. Owned just over a year now with about 70 hours on it. I have had no problems or issues with tier 4 yet other than I think the regeneration cycles seem excessive. Mine regens about every 4-5 hours of use. I spoke to the LS rep about this last month at the local farm show. He stated this is normal. According to the owners manual the auto regen conditions activate (A) when soot levels exceed 60% and (B) every 4 hours after last regeneration. The burner runs for 30-40 minutes. There is a switch on the dash that can be pushed to postpone the cycle but I have not used it. I let it regen on its own in the background while I continue working.

/ Question about tier 4
I have an XR3037HC. Owned just over a year now with about 70 hours on it. I have had no problems or issues with tier 4 yet other than I think the regeneration cycles seem excessive. Mine regens about every 4-5 hours of use. I spoke to the LS rep about this last month at the local farm show. He stated this is normal. According to the owners manual the auto regen conditions activate (A) when soot levels exceed 60% and (B) every 4 hours after last regeneration. The burner runs for 30-40 minutes. There is a switch on the dash that can be pushed to postpone the cycle but I have not used it. I let it regen on its own in the background while I continue working.

That does seem excessive but if thats what it takes and you havent had any problems then it sounds good. So say your cutting wood and you find yourself getting on and off the machine alot do you let it idle or shut it down

/ Question about tier 4 #6  
Last summer I did cut down a dead tree in my front yard. I did shut it down when I got off to trim off the branches and cut it into movable pieces. If only getting off the tractor for a minute or so (say to hook up a chain on the bucket hooks) I leave it running with the parking brake on. You can't forget to set the brake because when you get off the seat the parking brake beeper go off to remind you. It was annoying at first but its a good safety feature.

/ Question about tier 4 #7  
I have had mine for a year also with a106 hours and no problems also. I agree with George about the regen being a little excessive.

/ Question about tier 4
I have had mine for a year also with a106 hours and no problems also. I agree with George about the regen being a little excessive.

good to hear. I appreciate you guys sharing your experience

/ Question about tier 4 #9  
It seems to regen more in the winter because of not working it for longer times like in spring and summer. LS is coming out with their own engines sometime this summer which will be common rail fuel delivery system. This will eliminate the regen mode.

The new engines still will have a regen but not as often. The fact they are common rail does not eliminate the need for the regen.

In another post from RCO Tractor:
"The new LS models will feature CRDI engines, designed and built by LS in their new S. Korea engine plant, down to the 30hp range. It's correct that the high injection pressures and computer controlled injection with CRDI produce a stronger and more fuel efficient engine, all else equal, that leaves less particulate in the exhaust, but we're being told that there will still be a "scaled down" DPF to clean the exhaust further. It will operate on much longer cycles than the current Shibaura Regen engines (something like 50 hours as opposed to 4) and won't require any fuel additives or interaction from the operator... I believe that there's not even going to be an indicator light or any concern over high exhaust temps while in regen mode."