Irritated with dealer/distributor

/ Irritated with dealer/distributor #1  

Ym155d

Tractor
Yanmar 155d
I am a little perturbed in my local dealer/distributor. Last week I called him and asked if he had the remote hydraulic option in stock for my G3033...he responded by saying, "he had single kits in stock, but just ran out of the dual kit. However, more were on their way and that they should arrive Wednesday, May 27th. He stated, "I would need to remind him, so he wouldn't forget to order them because he was in the "yard" at the moment. I find this a little contradictory now, but didn't think much of it last week. I shot him a text and email later that day.
Well they arrived on Thursday instead of Wednesday, but I was at work; therefore, my wife called me to see if I wanted her to go and get a kit. I said, "yes," so she asked, "me how much will it be?" I told her the owner had told me it would be $380 for the dual kit.
She called the dealer and told them she was coming down to pick the dual kit up her husband had asked about. When she arrived the owner had conveniently just left, but it was going to be $485 plus shipping charges now.
This kind of stuff really irritates me.
It was an item he supposedly carries but had just sold the last one; therefore, he knows the price...not to mention he just ran out and had them on order already. The quoted price was given, not only in good faith, but with specific knowledge from a prior order from the company. I requested to pay over the phone, the previous week, with a credit card to cement my order. However, he stated they were already on their way. Hmmm?
I know I didn't have to buy it and am free to go anywhere else, but I can't stand that crap. He ended up knocking it down to $456.88 total and I am definitely pleased with the kit.
I hate it when car dealers, salesman etcetera do that. Bad business practice in my opinion.
It is one thing if you go to purchase something and the product ends up being more than the business owner presumed; however, in this case I feel they were trying to take advantage of my anxiousness to obtain the remote kit and my wife being the customer.

/ Irritated with dealer/distributor #2  
That does sound pretty shady. Did you call around to compare prices by chance?

/ Irritated with dealer/distributor
No, hindsight is almost always 20/20. When I first called everything seemed great. It wasn't until my wife called that my
eyebrows went up.