Backhoe LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #1  

BlueToy1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000
Those of you with LS tractors, how do your backhoes attach to the tractor? I'd appreciate seeing pictures of the backhoe on and off the tractor if you have em.

Thanks!

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #2  
I don't have the factory BH but bought a used Woods BH750 that came with a sub frame for another tractor and PTO pump for my XR3037HC. I fabbed some 1/2" thick steel plates and bolted them to the 6 PTO bolts for rear support (replaced the 6 bolts with longer ones to account for the extra 1/2"). Then made 2 brackets and bolted them under the tractor to the loader frame. Added 2 steel braces to the BH. The BH750 is supported entirely at 4 points where the sub frame connects to the tractor plus added a HD top link for a 5th point. I will post pics if anyone needs them.

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment
Sounds like quite a project. How far does the frame stick out from the backhoe when it's off the tractor? I'd enjoy seeing any pics you have.

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #4  
The sub frame is attached to the BH and stays with it when it comes off. The sub frame connects to the tractor at 2 points underneath and 2 points in back (3 if you count the top link). Can't post pics from this computer but I'll post some pics when I get home later this afternoon.

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #5  
Here's some pics of my BH750 and how it attaches to tractor.

Attachments

• DSCN1586 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1586 (Large).JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCN1587 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1587 (Large).JPG
    315.8 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCN1588 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1588 (Large).JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN1590 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1590 (Large).JPG
    282 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN1452 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1452 (Large).JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN1449 (Large).JPG
    DSCN1449 (Large).JPG
    380 KB · Views: 617
   / LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment
Wow did you have a hard time getting it all to line up?

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #7  
Not at all. When I bought the BH I backed up over the sub frame and used floor jacks raise the BH to figure where it needed to be, then figured what brackets I needed to make support the frame.
I'm in no hurry when I hook it up. Usually takes about 5-10 minutes. Over time the BH hydraulics lose pressure so BH may not be at same height as when I took it off. I usually back up close enough to engage the PTO pump then adjust the BH hyd. to get the front 1" bar and rear at the proper height to line up with my mounts. Once there I back up and put the locking pins on to hold it. Unhooking only takes a couple minutes.

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #8  
George, it is very easy to remove the back window so you can reach in and lift the bucket, steer, etc for re positioning. Sure beats daylights out of climbing in and out of the cab all day.

/ LS XR4000 Backhoe Attachment #9  
George, it is very easy to remove the back window so you can reach in and lift the bucket, steer, etc for re positioning. Sure beats daylights out of climbing in and out of the cab all day.

For the amount of times I have used or will be using the BH I don't mind climbing off to move the tractor if needed. A couple times I have used the BH I placed the loader bucket flat so it would slide on the ground and when I had to move to continue a dig I lifted the back of the tractor with the BH and moved (pushed) the tractor with the hoe. Even if the rear window was removed I'd have to get off the BH seat to reach. Plus I'd probably break the window taking it off or on.