Price Check Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
I called a dealer today. Got a quote on a 5500 no loader, no remotes, Brand New for $11,766.50 LOADED ON THE TRAILER. That isn't even trying to negotiate with them. Is that a good price? I haven't tried to call any other dealers yet to see if they can beat that or not. If another dealer Beats that price, i'll buy from them. But, if they'll only match it, I'll buy from the dealer that gave me the quote to begin with, so they wouldn't loose a sell.

I would definitely even go out of state to buy a tractor if I got the best deal, like in Mississippi (that is the closest state to me- I am in Southern Louisiana).

I'm not even sure that I need the 5500. I would really like to buy the Mahindra 4500 also, but it is the same price as the 5500 and don't want to pay the same thing for a less horsepower tractor. I also have to buy a 6' rotary cutter too. I really need a box blade and a set of disks also. It just depends on the deal I can get.

I don't know if my trailer (16' flat bed w/o elec. brakes, 2- 3500# axles) can handle it, or if my truck (2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 1/2 Ton X-Cab) will be able to pull it or stop it.

I was deciding between buying a Massey Ferguson or a Mahindra. Its gonna be a Mahindra! (As SOON as I sell my Yanmar and 5' bush hog). I may even consider buying a used Mahindra, but it would have to be in Mint Condition. The way I see it, as young as I am I can buy a new one now and have it paid for in 3-5 years (borrowing money from the bank- but would be a cash sell for the dealer). I may even do better (cheaper) financing through AgriCredit though. I'm not sure 'bout that.

Well, What is ya'lls opinions?

Travis R

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #2  
are you paying cash for it or planning on financing?

I'm assuming that is a cash price, if so that's about right.

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #3  
Travis_R said:
I called a dealer today. Got a quote on a 5500 no loader, no remotes, Brand New for $11,766.50 LOADED ON THE TRAILER. That isn't even trying to negotiate with them. Is that a good price? I haven't tried to call any other dealers yet to see if they can beat that or not. If another dealer Beats that price, i'll buy from them. But, if they'll only match it, I'll buy from the dealer that gave me the quote to begin with, so they wouldn't loose a sell.

I would definitely even go out of state to buy a tractor if I got the best deal, like in Mississippi (that is the closest state to me- I am in Southern Louisiana).

I'm not even sure that I need the 5500. I would really like to buy the Mahindra 4500 also, but it is the same price as the 5500 and don't want to pay the same thing for a less horsepower tractor. I also have to buy a 6' rotary cutter too. I really need a box blade and a set of disks also. It just depends on the deal I can get.

I don't know if my trailer (16' flat bed w/o elec. brakes, 2- 3500# axles) can handle it, or if my truck (2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 1/2 Ton X-Cab) will be able to pull it or stop it.

I was deciding between buying a Massey Ferguson or a Mahindra. Its gonna be a Mahindra! (As SOON as I sell my Yanmar and 5' bush hog). I may even consider buying a used Mahindra, but it would have to be in Mint Condition. The way I see it, as young as I am I can buy a new one now and have it paid for in 3-5 years (borrowing money from the bank- but would be a cash sell for the dealer). I may even do better (cheaper) financing through AgriCredit though. I'm not sure 'bout that.

Travis R

Travis,
I bought my 6520 4WD from Top Flight Equipment in Conroe, Texas (936) 756-9797. I think the price was $300 over their price. Salesman name is Travis. If I remember while there today, I will ask for a quote on a 5500 with no loader. Top Flight is also a MF dealer.
hugs,. Brandi

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK
Red River,
That is a cash price Wtih tax.
I will be financing either way it goes. Either through Agricredit, or a bank (which would be cash for the dealer).

Brandi,
Thanks.

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #5  
travis, i assume it's a two wheel drive, i didn't see it mentioned in your first post. my local mahindra dealer has the 5500 2wd listed at 12699.

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK
Yes, it is 2wd.

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #7  

Travis R
Hi, my name evy Edwards. My phone number is 662-858-0174. I have a 2 wheel drive 2014 5500 mahindra for sale. It has less than 25 hours in mint condition. I am asking $16,500 which is Negotiable.

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #8  
Hi, my name evy Edwards. My phone number is 662-858-0174. I have a 2 wheel drive 2014 5500 mahindra for sale. It has less than 25 hours in mint condition. I am asking $16,500 which is Negotiable.

Thread is from 2007. I'm hoping the OP has already bought a tractor

Brett

/ Mahindra 5500 PRICE CHECK #10  
Ummm,
I don't believe they've made the 00 model line for some time. You sure it's a 2014 5500??