Mahindra Attachment prices

/ Mahindra Attachment prices
It is quite a shame- I just picked up a 2615 and I had a list of attachments that I wanted to get WHICH are able to be financed 0%for 48:D but to have to get a truck load of attachments at the end of AUG. it CRAZY. So now I'm without any attachments and I will now have to pay cash for them as well. Along as get them elseware.

As far as I have researched pricing- the mahindra prices seem to be much lower than other brands.

Joel

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #12  
Dougster said:
Methinks the dealer was speaking in his self-interest rather than in your best interest. He's just trying to sell the stuff already rusting on his lot! :D If rumours and reports are true about the source of these implements, I'm sure they are fine. :)

My problem isn't about who makes them for Mahindra or their relative merits compared to other, similarly-priced "middle-of-the-road" brands. My problem is that none of the dealers in my area have any of them. :(

Dougster
Of course dealers speak in their own interest. Wouldn't you. Many Mahindra dealers were in business selling other brands long before the brand started incursion into the U.S. market. For example, my dealer sold Cub Cadets, and offered Bush Hog, and other brand attachements. You can't expect them to give up the relationships they have already established with long time suppliers for these goods. I don't care if it says Mahindra on it or not. It is all about the better product, and price.

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #13  
jsaunders said:
It is quite a shame- I just picked up a 2615 and I had a list of attachments that I wanted to get WHICH are able to be financed 0%for 48:D but to have to get a truck load of attachments at the end of AUG. it CRAZY. So now I'm without any attachments and I will now have to pay cash for them as well. Along as get them elseware.

As far as I have researched pricing- the mahindra prices seem to be much lower than other brands.

Joel
Besides financing my 6520, FEL, & BH, Agricredit also finaced my Danuser Hyd. PHD, my canopy, and my 6 ft Mohawk Bronco Rotary cutter. I wanted to get more impliments, but the monthly payment was inching up too far. :eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #14  
AchingBack... First you wrote:
AchingBack said:
I can't speak about all Mahindra implements. My dealer was comparing them to the brands he currently stocked, and said they weren't as good. It is my understanding these aren't being made by Mahindra, just for them, and the prices aren't competitive.
It appeared you were accepting your dealer's line that the Mahindra implements were: a) Not well made, and b) Overpriced. I thought that everyone knew they were made in the USA for Mahindra (rather than made by Mahindra in India), but apparently not. Personally, I don't see where that matters very much (I actually like the "Made in USA" thang), but if it bothers you, I guess it bothers you. :rolleyes:

Now you write:
AchingBack said:
Of course dealers speak in their own interest. Wouldn't you. Many Mahindra dealers were in business selling other brands long before the brand started incursion into the U.S. market. For example, my dealer sold Cub Cadets, and offered Bush Hog, and other brand attachements. You can't expect them to give up the relationships they have already established with long time suppliers for these goods.
This whole statement kinda floored me. As an honest businessman, I always speak in my client's best interest. I don't know if this is just cynicism or your real view... and maybe I am naive, idealistic and/or blind... but I still expect a dealer to consider my best interests first rather than his own self interests. So far, I believe that has overwhelmingly been the case for me, but maybe I've just been lucky and found more reputable and trustworthy dealers.

I would further think that when a dealer decides to switch to a different tractor brand... a huge decision... he or she does so with his/her eyes wide open. One would hope they are taking on the new brand based on a determination that it is a good brand with good products that his/her loyal and future customers will want to buy and be pleased with. Why would any dealer want to recommend the tractors that he previously sold? :confused: If he/she thought they were truly better products, he/she should have stuck with the previous tractor brand. :(

In the case of implements, I have no problem with any Mahindra dealer selling an independent line of implements... or two, or three, or four... for any reason. But part of the deal of being a Mahindra tractor dealer should be that Mahindra tractor customers can buy the new line of Mahindra implements from you without a big song and dance and a hard push to buy some vastly more expensive prestige brand simply because it is in the seller's self interest. I have not run into this anywhere, but apparently you have. My only problem has been complaints from the dealers that Mahindra mishandled the product introduction such that no product was available for them to sell even though the big announcement and advertising push had begun. :eek:

You also write:
AchingBack said:
I don't care if it says Mahindra on it or not. It is all about the better product, and price.
I'm curious if you have any other evidence (besides your "self-interested" dealer's words) that these Mahindra implements are inferior and overpriced. Everything I've read, heard or seen so far indicates exactly the opposite. :confused:

Dougster

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #15  
Dougster, have you ever heard of Cub Cadet? or Landini? Those are the two brands my dealer sold. Due to circumstances of which there are probably many, the 15 series by Mitsubishi is now badged as Mahindra, and not CC.

A small dealer such as mine has himself to think of too. He can't just begin ordering a bunch of new Mahindra implements because you think he should. Your approach to one size fits all would put many out of business. Furthermore, a Landini owner may not want a Mahindra implement. Is my dealer supposed to tell him, tough luck, that's all I have for sale?

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #16  
AchingBack said:
Dougster, have you ever heard of Cub Cadet? or Landini? Those are the two brands my dealer sold. Due to circumstances of which there are probably many, the 15 series by Mitsubishi is now badged as Mahindra, and not CC. A small dealer such as mine has himself to think of too. He can't just begin ordering a bunch of new Mahindra implements because you think he should. Your approach to one size fits all would put many out of business. Furthermore, a Landini owner may not want a Mahindra implement. Is my dealer supposed to tell him, tough luck, that's all I have for sale?
I never said one size fits all my friend. Specifically, I said:
Dougster said:
In the case of implements, I have no problem with any Mahindra dealer selling an independent line of implements... or two, or three, or four... for any reason.
How you get "one size fits all" out of that statement confuses me. :confused:

But I'd just like to ask one last time and then we can maybe move on: Do you have any other evidence to offer (besides your dealer's opinion) that these Mahindra implements are inferior and overpriced?

Dougster

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Attachment prices #17  
Dougster said:
I never said one size fits all my friend. Specifically, I said:

How you get "one size fits all" out of that statement confuses me. :confused:

But I'd just like to ask one last time and then we can maybe move on: Do you have any other evidence to offer (besides your dealer's opinion) that these Mahindra implements are inferior and overpriced?

Dougster
First, I have to go way back to when the origninal comment was made to me; and put it into perspective. Perhaps that will ease your mind. At the time, compared to what the dealer had on his lot, (mind you, we're comparing apples to oranges), the Mahindra implements weren't as good.

Now, I will grant you this much. Comparing a 7' landscape rake I priced from Bush Hog, to the Mahindra - the Mahindra is less expensive. As you know, less expensive doesn't translate to anything concrete. I think it will take some time to determine whether or not the Mahindra attachments are worthy of the name.

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #18  
AchingBack said:
I think it will take some time to determine whether or not the Mahindra attachments are worthy of the name.
Fair enough. We can certainly agree on that! :)

Dougster

/ Mahindra Attachment prices
Dougster- Where have you gone to get your attachments? I live right on the Mass boarder. I think I will pick up a WANT AD and search through there as well.
Thanks
Joel

/ Mahindra Attachment prices #20  
jsaunders said:
Dougster- Where have you gone to get your attachments? I live right on the Mass boarder. I think I will pick up a WANT AD and search through there as well.
Thanks
Joel
Hi Joel - Every implement has it's own story in terms of the extensive research and seemingly endless shopping done... but I am an engineer. I analyze everything to death. :rolleyes: It's the curse. :eek: I hit every tractor dealer from Connecticut and Rhode Island... to as far north as Lebanon, NH (where I did at least buy my 78" heavy-duty KMW bucket).

Oddly, however... after all that research and shopping around... the answer ended up remarkably simple and boring: TSC for essentially everything in implements so far. The main reason for this is that no new Mahindra implements could be procured from any local dealer in time for their scheduled spring and summer use. Please understand: I am not a premium/prestige implement brand name kind of guy. I want decent, "middle of the road" stuff that will hold together at a fair price. Sounds easy, but that kind of stuff is very hard to find in this area. I am not in the Woods or Land Pride price class... the stuff that most local dealers around here want to sell you. Not even close.

I only recently bought my 72" KK tiller at the new TSC Merrimack, NH store... but I have run into a problem there with a missing PTO driveshaft. :rolleyes:

Big decision is coming up next month on a 6' bush-hog and I can tell you for sure that it will not be from TSC. It will be something with a slip clutch. :)

If you are talking grapples & buckets, I bought my 78" bucket from Upper Valley Tractor (a sponsor here):
Upper Valley Tractor & Equipment

I got my root/rock grapple and stump bucket from High Rock Skid Steer Attachments via eBay:
eBay Store: Search results for eBay Store High Rock Skid Steer Attachments.

My brand new Caterpillar 66" toothed digging bucket is coming from a private party... also found through eBay.

My Bradco fixed backhoe thumb came from Woodbury Tractor in CT. My Bradco hydraulic cylinder kit is also on it's way from Woodbury Tractor:
Woodbury Tractor Company, LLC

Dougster

Last edited: