whats is it worth

/ whats is it worth #1  

weekend project

Tractor
MAHINDRA 4530 4WD
I have a 2006 Mahindra 4530 with fel and about 136hr on it. need to sale what is a fare price also brush hog 720 6' mower hd box and home made Brush Grapple Bucket.

Attachments

• DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 323
   / whats is it worth #2  
Ah just give it away... I'll be there tomorrow.... :D

/ whats is it worth #3  
rback33 said:
Ah just give it away... I'll be there tomorrow.... :D

Aw heck if he is giving it away, I want in. The Tank needs a friend:D

/ whats is it worth #4  
weekend project said:
I have a 2006 Mahindra 4530 with fel and about 136hr on it. need to sale what is a fare price also brush hog 720 6' mower hd box and home made Brush Grapple Bucket.
There was a 2005 4530 w/FEL in Mississippi posted on TractorHouse earlier this summer with an asking price of $18,000. It had 155 hours on it. As always, the stated production year may have been off a bit... and there is no way of knowing what it actually sold for.

No idea on your implements. That's purely a local thang.

Dougster

/ whats is it worth #5  
weekend project said:

My guess would be around $18K. The problem with selling nearly new tractors right now is that the interest rate on a new one is going to make payments cheaper on the same tractor that is brand new. This may limit you to selling to a cash customer. I think the going rate on a 4530 W/fel is around $21-$22K.

/ whats is it worth #6  
Keith_B said:
My guess would be around $18K. The problem with selling nearly new tractors right now is that the interest rate on a new one is going to make payments cheaper on the same tractor that is brand new. This may limit you to selling to a cash customer. I think the going rate on a 4530 W/fel is around $21-$22K.

Yup, brand new out the door $21-$22k is right on the money. :)

/ whats is it worth #7  
Given your location, I'd say $18K is about the most you are going to get for it. Pricing just depends on how fast you want to sell it.

Like has already been mentioned, with such a new unit it's going to be hard to convince a potential buyer to buy a used unit over a new unit with excellent financing for just a couple thousand dollars of difference.

/ whats is it worth #8  
Customers generally want to save 25% or they will often buy new. Brand doesn't matter much.

/ whats is it worth #9  
DavesTractor said:
Customers generally want to save 25% or they will often buy new. Brand doesn't matter much.
Pretty good rule of thumb Dave, especially in this climate of 0% (and low %) financing.

You *do* know this business, don't you? :D

Dougster