Buying Advice Need advice

/ Need advice #1  

jpogue23

Hey I'm new to the group! I have a mahindra C35 2002 or 3 with around 300 hours. I havent used it much this last year due to mechanical problems. The main problem I'm having with it is its leaking oil underneath right it front of the oil pan right there in the housing area and it over heats. I was told that it would need to be split apart. I'm sure it will cost a arm and a leg and I am unable to repair. I was wanting to sell it but I was unsure how much to sell it for or how much it would be worth.

Its also needs a whole right foot brake peddle casue it got twisted when i was going through the woods with it.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Jason

/ Need advice
Guys I really do need some advice if you could.

Thxs

/ Need advice #3  
jpogue23 said:
Hey I'm new to the group! I have a mahindra C35 2002 or 3 with around 300 hours. I havent used it much this last year due to mechanical problems. The main problem I'm having with it is its leaking oil underneath right it front of the oil pan right there in the housing area and it over heats. I was told that it would need to be split apart. I'm sure it will cost a arm and a leg and I am unable to repair. I was wanting to sell it but I was unsure how much to sell it for or how much it would be worth.

Its also needs a whole right foot brake peddle casue it got twisted when i was going through the woods with it.

Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Jason
Jason, here are my thoughts. It looks like that tractor is a good one. I was not aware of that model until I saw your post. I saw one similar to yours recently sold for just under 10K. It is quite difficult for anyone to give you a value on the internet.

Beyond your repairs, what is the over all condition of the tractor? 300 hrs. isn't a lot, and if you have not been abusing it, and doing your maintenance; how bad does it look, what else is wrong? How much it would cost to repair is something you will have to find out before you can go much further in the process. It may not be as serious as you think. How much oil is leaking? Perhaps the brake pedal can be removed and straightened.

Finally, your tractor is worth what you are willing to accept for it, and what the buyer is willing to pay for it is what it is worth to him.

/ Need advice #4  
Can you attach pictures to indicate overall condition and perhaps the location of the leak?

/ Need advice #5  
Have you asked a dealer about a cost estimate for repairs? Or an estimate of value?

/ Need advice #6  
Wow, bent the brake pedal going through the woods. Are you sure there isn't other damage caused when whatever it was you hit or ran into? I'm not casting apersions on your tractoring abilities, I'm just asking about other damage. Have you tried to get underneath and inspect the area, remove any plates or cowling that may be there to help determine how much damage? I have often found just an inquisitive, investigative look at something may reveal something very obvious. It might not also, just thinking. Any pictures of the area may help give the Forum a better idea.

/ Need advice
MajMac392 said:
Wow, bent the brake pedal going through the woods. Are you sure there isn't other damage caused when whatever it was you hit or ran into? I'm not casting apersions on your tractoring abilities, I'm just asking about other damage. Have you tried to get underneath and inspect the area, remove any plates or cowling that may be there to help determine how much damage? I have often found just an inquisitive, investigative look at something may reveal something very obvious. It might not also, just thinking. Any pictures of the area may help give the Forum a better idea.

yeah i'll try to get to get some pics up today. On the brake issue I was dragging trees out of the woods and was in heavy growth and didnt see the stump and it caught it from underneath and twisted it some. It was just my luck

/ Need advice
shvl73 said:
Can you attach pictures to indicate overall condition and perhaps the location of the leak?

hopefullt this pic will attach.

Attachments

• 100_1469.JPG
    100_1469.JPG
    721 KB · Views: 237