Before I buy, tell me the worse!

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #1  

JB new tractor guy

I'm looking at buying a new Mahindra 2015 to replace a very tired Yanmar 1510D. I shouldn't have bought the 1510D but I didn't know better. It was my first tractor. Not that I have anything against Yanmar, but between my ignorance and 1000+ hrs on this tractor, things have been constantly failing since I bought it. As it is, it's in the shop again.

I've read all the rave Mahindra reviews and threads, the dealer is a teriffic guy and giving me a deal that's almost to good to be true.
But really, what's the bad news? Is there anything I should know before I buy?

JB

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #2  
There isn't any bad news! I have a 2015 Gear drive. I absolutely love it. There's plenty of dealers online that can send you the filters, and other parts. (some people complain about the price of the filters)

As I say in most of my posts, this tractor goes FAR beyond what I'd expect any 20HP machine to do.

Among the things I'd change about it...
1. would like a 54" bucket instead of 48
2. nope, I guess that's it!!

You're probably aware that these tractors are completely built by Mitsubishi. They've been around for years under the Cub-Cadet name, and many say they're bomb-proof. I believe 'em.

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #3  
Hi JB
I dont have a 2015 but I do have a 2810 HST and absolutely love every thing about it. Some days I put serious hours on it and I enjoy every hour of doing it. There are days I run upward from 12-15 Hours at a shot. Fuel economy is great too. Just a fun experience, I also put a 108h FEL on this last December. A great machine thats won a lot of respect in my area ! Not the least bit sorry I purchased it!

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #4  
JB new tractor guy. said:
I've read all the rave Mahindra reviews and threads, the dealer is a teriffic guy and giving me a deal that's almost to good to be true.
But really, what's the bad news? Is there anything I should know before I buy?

JB

I have a 2015HST and so far it's been awesome. In fact I was just working with it yesterday to level some areas of my yard before I put down some fresh grass seed. Like the other commenter, I noticed this in the winter when I was moving snow with the bucket. The 48" bucket is smaller than the distance between the rear wheels. So I could never clear snow up to the curb. I cured that problem for next winter with a 60" rear blade. Other than that it's been awesome in the cold weather, although it is stored in a heated garage. So far the Mahindra has been the best tractor I have ever owned, and with a company as large as Mahindra I figure they are going to be around for a long time and likely to abandon the US market unless they were in serious financial trouble. However, since the 2015 is a Mistsubishi tractor, I would imagine it will still be easy to buy parts for it for a long time.

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #5  
I have been a Mahindra dealer for 6 1/2 years and been selling the 2015 G/HST since Mahindra introduced them. In that time I have had 1 hydraulic fitting come loose on one, and that is all of the repair I have ever done on one of them. I haven't even sold any parts for one, out side of filters. This is the Gods honest truth. I don't think you can go wrong with a 2015.

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #6  
LAWALLSTRACTOR said:
I have been a Mahindra dealer for 6 1/2 years and been selling the 2015 G/HST since Mahindra introduced them. In that time I have had 1 hydraulic fitting come loose on one, and that is all of the repair I have ever done on one of them. I haven't even sold any parts for one, out side of filters. This is the Gods honest truth. I don't think you can go wrong with a 2015.

I will second that, except the hydraulic fitting.

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #7  
The worst... is the jealous wife because you spend too much time having fun/working.
I just got my 2015 HST and love it. The engine oil dip stick could have better access. LOL
All that aside it is a well put together machine and the folks and dealers around here are the best!

Have fun,

Lou

/ Before I buy, tell me the worse! #9  
You have made a good decision. We have had our Mahindra tractor for over 3 years now with no issues. We have no regrets, and would buy another one in the future (if needed, but I think that it is going to take a long time to wear our current one out).