New Models

/ New Models #11  
JCT-MO, I am looking forward to hearing what you learn and your impression about the 2816.

Galen it was nice meeting you today thanks for the info.

According to Galen, as I understand it the 2816 will be the same as the 2615 except for some paint differences and the addition of a turbocharger on the engine, and while the turbo may add some horsepower it is being used more for the Tier III compliance as the turbo should help burn off gases more completely. And in my very limited knowledge of turbos ( I have a Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel) that unless you are pushing a great deal of boost you may get a slight jump in HP but not much in Torque. I may end up being corrected on this but I think that is the general principle.

By the way if I can get my boat sold the boss says get the tractor so I believe that the 2816 is going to fit my needs near perfect. Now if I find a money treegrowing where the boat was parked I may go bigger!

Thanks again Galen and I hope to see you again soon.

Hondo

/ New Models #12  
Hondo,
I appreciate your stopping by and giving me the time to show the Mahindra product. It was a pleasure to meet and talk to you, and hope to see you again soon.

/ New Models #13  
Hondo, I'm actually taking delivery of the 2816 this Friday. I really liked the tractor. Heck anything would be better than the tired old thing I've been using, but now I'll have a FEL as well. Pretty excited. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

/ New Models
Anyone actually have any of these new 2x16 models...like a 2016 or 2416? Did they make any changes to the loaders on these machines?
The loader joints on the 2415 really bothers me still...and the joystick vibration I saw on the 2015 bothered me on that model....I wish there was a model between the 2415 and 2615 size (wheel size, loader size) that had the pin joints of the 2015/2615 loader and the looks features of the 2415 tractor. For some reason I keep wanting a model with the 26 hp but a slightly smaller rear width and tire size and a 54' bucket...seems more suited for that tractor....then again maybe it's me thinking the 20/24 is too small compared to my AC and the 26 is too big for my yard...

/ New Models #15  
Hondo1 said:
According to Galen, as I understand it the 2816 will be the same as the 2615 except for some paint differences and the addition of a turbocharger on the engine, and while the turbo may add some horsepower it is being used more for the Tier III compliance as the turbo should help burn off gases more completely.
Hondo

The 2816 does not have a turbo. It is essentially the same engine as the 2615 but rated properly. The 2615 puts out 28-29HP, always has. The black paint does look good I think.

/ New Models #16  
I think I have read on TBN that the 2415 and the 2615 have the same engine, just rated differently, I think at a different max RPM. If you are saying that the 2615 (now 2816) is putting out 28-29 hp, how many hp is the 2415 putting out. If they are the same engine essentially, how is the difference in hp accounted for? Im just curious and please straighten me out if I don't have my facts straight.

/ New Models #17  
boxygen said:
I think I have read on TBN that the 2415 and the 2615 have the same engine, just rated differently, I think at a different max RPM. If you are saying that the 2615 (now 2816) is putting out 28-29 hp, how many hp is the 2415 putting out. If they are the same engine essentially, how is the difference in hp accounted for? Im just curious and please straighten me out if I don't have my facts straight.

Yes, the engine is the same. It is rated at a lower rpm. It may have the pump turned down a little to defuel it, I haven't put one on the dyno to test yet. Suffice it to say the 2415 has all the power it can use, plus more.