More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST?

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #1  

MDM

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800HST
My father in law asked me to inquire about putting stronger lift cylinders on the loader for his 2810 HST (factory loader). I read in another post, that I can not find right now, that this can be done. Are there any dealers that can give me any info? If he can get stronger cylinders, how much more capacity are we looking at? A quote shipped to 43772 would be great. Thanks guys!

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #2  
I did it to mine. I got the cylinders from Wallace Tractor. I'm pretty sure he consulted rback33 @ KMW. They fit correctly and it does have more capacity. I can't really say exactly how much but, I'm happy with it.

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #3  
shvl73 said:
I did it to mine. I got the cylinders from Wallace Tractor. I'm pretty sure he consulted rback33 @ KMW. They fit correctly and it does have more capacity. I can't really say exactly how much but, I'm happy with it.

All true. The thing is... You would have to want them REAL bad.

A) I don't have any more.

B) Lead times from that vendor have gone out past 90 days.

C) We are getting SLAMMED with price increases on that stuff.:mad:

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST?
If you could get me a ballpark price and the approximate lead time, I will pass the info on to my father in law and let him decide how bad he wants them. Thanks.

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #5  
I would guess that you would be looking at $250/ cylinder at the min and 16 weeks.

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #6  
I'd do it again. rback33, do you have an idea of what the capacity is with these cylinders? Steel prices are way up, it will only cost more in the future. it is much less than a new FEL and a whole lot less than a new tractor. I'm very happy with the current set up.

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #7  
I don't have a clue. I don't think any specs have ever been taken.

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #8  
Figuring lift capacity should be pretty easy for a cylinder. Take the bore diameter/2 square that and multiply times pi (3.14). Multiply that times 2 (2 cylinders). That will be your effective area.

Multiply the area times your loaders relief setting (2200 psi?). That will tell you how many lbs. force you can lift.

This assumes that all the other components of the cylinder are engineered correctly. Be careful, the lift arms themselves are designed for a certain load. I'm sure you know it but you can have the largest cylinders in the world but if the superstructure won't support the load you'll have pretzels for lift arms.

Good luck!

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #9  
PAB_OH said:
Figuring lift capacity should be pretty easy for a cylinder. Take the bore diameter/2 square that and multiply times pi (3.14). Multiply that times 2 (2 cylinders). That will be your effective area.

Multiply the area times your loaders relief setting (2200 psi?). That will tell you how many lbs. force you can lift.

This assumes that all the other components of the cylinder are engineered correctly. Be careful, the lift arms themselves are designed for a certain load. I'm sure you know it but you can have the largest cylinders in the world but if the superstructure won't support the load you'll have pretzels for lift arms.

Good luck!

That is well and true probably, ( I did not proof it), but that only tells you the forces at that point, not at the pivot pin of the loader or any other point in space.

/ More FEL lift cap. on a 2810 HST? #10  
rback33 said:
That is well and true probably, ( I did not proof it), but that only tells you the forces at that point, not at the pivot pin of the loader or any other point in space.

Good point.

The OP asked about the cylinder though and what kind of capacity increase he could expect. The geometry of most FEL's are different enough that a blanket statement can't be applied to the entire loader system (mechanical and hydraulic).

If you don't change the geometry of the loader linkage then bumping the cylinder bore up a level should yield a pretty linear increase relative to the original specs.

Levers and fulcrums, that's all it is.