Price Check Mahindra pricing comparison

/ Mahindra pricing comparison #1  

shamban

Tractor
shopping
I frequented this site about 4 years ago when I "thought" I would be ready for a tractor (turns out a baby boy was what was coming). Anyhow, I am back in the market and decided to start checking out this site again. Wow how times have changed! 4 years ago, Mahindra "seemed" to be considered second class to the big boys. It appears that is no longer the case (of course I am sure many still think so though). Anyway...

Generally speaking, how does pricing compare between a Mahindra and a comparable "big" name brand. I am sure much depends on the models, attachments, etc. But generally, has the pricing caught up with the more expensive guys or are they still priced lower?

Thanks,

Joey
Ohio

/ Mahindra pricing comparison #2  
shamban said:
I frequented this site about 4 years ago when I "thought" I would be ready for a tractor (turns out a baby boy was what was coming). Anyhow, I am back in the market and decided to start checking out this site again. Wow how times have changed! 4 years ago, Mahindra "seemed" to be considered second class to the big boys. It appears that is no longer the case (of course I am sure many still think so though). Anyway...

Generally speaking, how does pricing compare between a Mahindra and a comparable "big" name brand. I am sure much depends on the models, attachments, etc. But generally, has the pricing caught up with the more expensive guys or are they still priced lower?

Thanks,

Joey
Ohio
I would also check out the Kioti brand tractors very comparable to the Mahindras.

/ Mahindra pricing comparison #3  
Where I live, Deere and NH are priced higher than Kubota and Mahindra. Comparable Kubota and Mahindra models are priced about the same. I think the Mahindra 2615/2816 is the most bang for your buck if you are thinking something in that size.

/ Mahindra pricing comparison #4  
The price gap has certainly narrowed from 4 years ago and I suspect it will continue to do so. Also the list of things that are standard has shortened while the list of things that are options has lengthened.
Still good tractors at a discount, just not as much as they used to be.
What models might you be interested in?

/ Mahindra pricing comparison #5  
I own a Kubota B26 but was very impressed with Mahindra 509 and 511 backhoes. My only problem was their hydro transmission was not available on any of their tractors which would accept these backhoes. I requested a few price quotes but have yet to get a response.

Anyway I don't blame you for looking at Mahindra. They have great strength and value. I consider each design on its own merit. You must consider your worst case application. In my case I needed a capable TLB to build our new home and would be more a construction oriented equipment. Good luck!

Last edited:
   / Mahindra pricing comparison #6  
shamban said:

Thanks,

Joey
Ohio

At the 20-25 hp (engine) level Mahindra and Kubota are pretty close in price. Mahindra tractors tend to be quite a bit heavier than Kubotas and this can make a difference depending on the work you plan to do (light tractors for landscape/gardening, heavy tractors for plowing/discing, etc).

I've owned a 2005 Kubota B7510HST with LA302 FEL (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto, 4-ft wide bucket). This was the right size tractor for my 10 acre place when I was building my house and had a lot of landscaping work along with installing paver block walkways and a patio.

Now that I finished with that type of work, I plan to put 7-8 acres into hay. So a few months ago a traded the 7510 for a Mahindra 5525 (55 engine hp, 45 pto hp) with the ML250 FEL (6 ft bucket)

To answer your question you have to factor in dealer incentives, financing offers, etc.

/ Mahindra pricing comparison #7  
shamban said:

Thanks,

Joey
Ohio

I am a Mahindra dealer just south of Columbus. I would be happy to assist you in quoting you a price for the tractor that you need. Please feel free to contact me at 937-486-3101 or email johnsonw@americanequipmentservice.com

thanks

Walter Johnson