Tractor
    JD 3038e

Default 4025

I have been looking at tractors for a couple of months now. Everybody recommends a 30 HP 4wd compact but they seem tiny to me. I have 10 acres and a bunch of cedars to get rid of and homestead to build. When you look at the Mahindras(25 series) they just look so much stronger, especially in the loader mounts and subframe. The metal looks to be 1/2 inch thick or more. I guess I am just looking for reinforcement from the choir here. I am leaning toward the 4025 with FEL and box blade. I feel comfortable on it and it looks like a workhorse. I am about 13 miles from Bills in Liberty Hill TX and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them.

Bill

Tractor
    Mahindra Dealer

Default Re: 4025

From what I hear Bill's Tractor is a great dealer. If you feel the 4025 may suite your needs better by all means go for it. I don't think it would be overkill especially if you have others tasks than bushhogging.
    Red River Tractor, Inc.
    Mahindra and Bush Hog dealer

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Default Re: 4025

Quote Originally Posted by gtobill View Post
    I have been looking at tractors for a couple of months now. Everybody recommends a 30 HP 4wd compact but they seem tiny to me. I have 10 acres and a bunch of cedars to get rid of and homestead to build. When you look at the Mahindras(25 series) they just look so much stronger, especially in the loader mounts and subframe. The metal looks to be 1/2 inch thick or more. I guess I am just looking for reinforcement from the choir here. I am leaning toward the 4025 with FEL and box blade. I feel comfortable on it and it looks like a workhorse. I am about 13 miles from Bills in Liberty Hill TX and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them.

Bill
    Last March I bought a new Mahindra 5525 with the ML250 FEL to use in haying work on my 10 acres. Traded a 21 hp (engine) Kubota B7510HST/LA302 FEL as part of the deal. Got an excellent deal. My 5525 is really strong and stout. All sheet metal, no wimpy plastic body parts.