/ 4025 #1  

gtobill

Tractor
JD 3038e
I have been looking at tractors for a couple of months now. Everybody recommends a 30 HP 4wd compact but they seem tiny to me. I have 10 acres and a bunch of cedars to get rid of and homestead to build. When you look at the Mahindras(25 series) they just look so much stronger, especially in the loader mounts and subframe. The metal looks to be 1/2 inch thick or more. I guess I am just looking for reinforcement from the choir here. I am leaning toward the 4025 with FEL and box blade. I feel comfortable on it and it looks like a workhorse. I am about 13 miles from Bills in Liberty Hill TX and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them.

Bill

/ 4025 #2  
From what I hear Bill's Tractor is a great dealer. If you feel the 4025 may suite your needs better by all means go for it. I don't think it would be overkill especially if you have others tasks than bushhogging.

/ 4025 #3  
I have been looking at tractors for a couple of months now. Everybody recommends a 30 HP 4wd compact but they seem tiny to me. I have 10 acres and a bunch of cedars to get rid of and homestead to build. When you look at the Mahindras(25 series) they just look so much stronger, especially in the loader mounts and subframe. The metal looks to be 1/2 inch thick or more. I guess I am just looking for reinforcement from the choir here. I am leaning toward the 4025 with FEL and box blade. I feel comfortable on it and it looks like a workhorse. I am about 13 miles from Bills in Liberty Hill TX and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them.

Bill

Last March I bought a new Mahindra 5525 with the ML250 FEL to use in haying work on my 10 acres. Traded a 21 hp (engine) Kubota B7510HST/LA302 FEL as part of the deal. Got an excellent deal. My 5525 is really strong and stout. All sheet metal, no wimpy plastic body parts.