Mahindra 35 series

/ Mahindra 35 series #1  

JerryTSummers

Anyone know when the 35 series is going to be available on the west coast, and what is the price.

/ Mahindra 35 series #2  
I don't know those things, BUT I do have this link to the Mahindra 35 Series webpage, which for some reason is not mentioned at the main Mahindra USA website (at least that I could find).

/ Mahindra 35 series #3  
Anyone know when the 35 series is going to be available on the west coast, and what is the price.

I sent you a PM, since I can't pre-announce on behalf of Mahindra and I do not like to post prices, since they vary some by region.

/ Mahindra 35 series #4  
I don't know those things, BUT I do have this link to the Mahindra 35 Series webpage, which for some reason is not mentioned at the main Mahindra USA website (at least that I could find).
Don't want to hijack a thread, but I have a question about the new 3535's FEL lifting capability, which is presented (below) as being superior to other comparable machines.

In a couple of old archived threads, member Bob Skurka (obviously no fan of Mahindra) makes a case that Mahindra FEL lift-to-full-height numbers are overstated due to nonstandard measurement procedures. Was this true back then? And if true then, is it still true today? If so, is there an easy way, without detailed dimensions and test results, to equalize the numbers for better brand-to-brand comparisons?

Rusty

Attachments

• Mahindra.jpg
    Mahindra.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 218
   / Mahindra 35 series #5  
Good question Rusty. Bob is/was one of the more knowledgeable people when it came to these kinds of things. I think he ended up getting the banhammer IIRC, but he can be found on a couple other sites now. His views were not really true about non-standard measuring. Actually, the pivot pin has really long been the standard because not all attachments are designed the same. There are some other standards that are being measured now in addition to the pivot point.

/ Mahindra 35 series #6  
Good question Rusty. Bob is/was one of the more knowledgeable people when it came to these kinds of things. I think he ended up getting the banhammer IIRC, but he can be found on a couple other sites now. His views were not really true about non-standard measuring. Actually, the pivot pin has really long been the standard because not all attachments are designed the same. There are some other standards that are being measured now in addition to the pivot point.
Part of the problem may be that Mahindra selects the least expensive, least powerful FEL offered by the other brands for the comparable machine they select. In the case of the Kubota, they chose the LA514 vs. the more powerful LA724. The FEL options for the Deere are more confusing to me, but it's clear Mahindra chose the least powerful loader (300CX) available for the selected tractor.

I am a satisfied Mahindra owner and a fan of the brand... but it seems to me that Mahindra should be a little more forthcoming in their advertising. The comparisons might not look so suspicious if a bit more information was included.

Rusty

/ Mahindra 35 series #7  
Part of the problem may be that Mahindra selects the least expensive, least powerful FEL offered by the other brands for the comparable machine they select. In the case of the Kubota, they chose the LA514 vs. the more powerful LA724. The FEL options for the Deere are more confusing to me, but it's clear Mahindra chose the least powerful loader (300CX) available for the selected tractor.

I am a satisfied Mahindra owner and a fan of the brand... but it seems to me that Mahindra should be a little more forthcoming in their advertising. The comparisons might not look so suspicious if a bit more information was included.

Rusty

It's a challenge for sure. I am not sure they are trying to hide anything, but when you are comparing tractors, loaders and specs things are always gray. I actually have an older comparison sheet myself and there is so much overlap of stuff that it become overwhelming trying to decide what is the best, most fair comparison. Then you throw in the fact that the mfg's have not supplied some of the common specs to the public and it muddies things further.

/ Mahindra 35 series #8  
As long as the measurement is clear and is an industry standard measurement, we are fine. Having said that, I do wish there was one standard, not several. A person should not have to try to compare capacity at the pins to capacity at bucket center with another brand. Bucket center is a better method in my opinion if loaders were only available with buckets, and only one bucket was made per loader.

When you install an optional bucket, or the optional forks, or the optional bale spear...all the sudden the pin capacity becomes the best measurement, hands down.

Other manufactures have games they play, like using the HP rating at 3200 rpm on a diesel, where we rate ours normally around 2500 rpm, less on the bigger tractors. If we spin the engines tight, we can list a higher HP, but who uses a diesel tractor at that sort of rpm? A 25 HP tractor at 2500 might make 30HP at 3200...see what I mean?

/ Mahindra 35 series #9  
The issue with the bucket center point is that all the buckets are different. Some are deeper than others.

/ Mahindra 35 series #10  
I understand that loaders and buckets are different. But in general, aren't most loaders really only used with the std bucket that they come from the dealer with? How many brands offer more than one loader option, one, two makes maybe? These guys should give you a load rating that has the bucket loaded. Just how many 10lb lead weights will the guys loader lift? Not that that will help all that much, just that it gives you an idea of the weight that a certain loader will pick up vs another guys.

I have a Mahindra 3215HST with a 111 Mahindra loader. It is rated at 1410lbs lift at the pins. The loader manual says to not exceed 500lbs when using a bail spear. Now there are some extreme differences in my opinion. What is the actual weight capacity with the loader bucket on? If there would be a fair way of rating the weight lifting capacity with the std bucket, I think that that would be the best. Some people like the rating at 24" in front of the pins, well I think that doesn't really work real world for most of our tractors either.

Just my opinions, others will vary. ;)