Checked out the new 4035 Friday

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #1  

flusher

Tractor
Getting old. Sold the ranch. Sold the tractors. Moved back to the city.
Visited Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff to see the 4035. Nice looking tractor.

First thing I noticed is that the fuel tank is located on the lower left side of the tractor just forward of the step you use to climb up into the seat. That puts the cap of the fuel fill tube about knee high. No more wrestling 5 gallon containers up to the top of the tractor like it is with my Mahindra 5525.

The FEL joystick is located conveniently near the right arm rest so you can operate it with your elbow in the bent position instead of straight out. Like it is on high end construction equipment. The FEL spool valve assembly is under the floorboard.

Couldn't find the pto control on the left side of the seat. It's controlled by a 3-postion switch on the dashboard (manual, off, automatic). Don't know what this means since I've never used a tractor with this setup.

The 4035 has a tilt steering wheel. Nice.

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #3  
Joel, are you looking at getting one of these also?:D

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #5  
Joel, are you looking at getting one of these also?:D

Sure, why not?
Can't keep wheels on the 7010, this makes 4 that have broken! Looks like I'm going to have to go 8560 cab or Deere 5425. I hate this being without a cab tractor!
Maybe I'll swap the 7010 for a 4035 with hoe and then trade the 6000 in on a nice cab.

Last edited:
   / Checked out the new 4035 Friday #6  
Hey guys! I just wanted to chime in here. I bought my 4035 about 3 weeks ago and so far I really like it. Cup holders, tilt steering, adjustable seat, great ergonomics, it really fits me good. I had the rear tires loaded last week with rim guard. I gotta say the fit and finish does leave a little bit to be desired, but afterall, it is a tractor. I've got 30 hours on it already. Between mowing, FEL work, and rototilling I've been keeping it busy.

Its funny you mentioned the PTO. I just had a conversation today about the way its set up. Twice I have sheared the bolt off on the input shaft. I idle the tractor down and press the button. The PTO kicks in, the mower starts with a heck of a bang. There is no easing it in. Its either on or off. The rototiller doesn't seem to be an issue, its just the mower.

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #7  
Let's see some pics!!!

What kind of fit and finish issues do you have with it?

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #8  
ya pics would be nice. i got my new 3525 bout 3 months ago but it dont have all those fancy things lol....

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #9  
Visited Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff to see the 4035. Nice looking tractor.

First thing I noticed is that the fuel tank is located on the lower left side of the tractor just forward of the step you use to climb up into the seat. That puts the cap of the fuel fill tube about knee high. No more wrestling 5 gallon containers up to the top of the tractor like it is with my Mahindra 5525.

The FEL joystick is located conveniently near the right arm rest so you can operate it with your elbow in the bent position instead of straight out. Like it is on high end construction equipment. The FEL spool valve assembly is under the floorboard.

Couldn't find the pto control on the left side of the seat. It's controlled by a 3-postion switch on the dashboard (manual, off, automatic). Don't know what this means since I've never used a tractor with this setup.

The 4035 has a tilt steering wheel. Nice.

Off disables the PTO clutch button
ON enables PTO clutch button
AUTO enables PTO clutch button and a limit switch on 3 point. If the PTO is turned on and 3 point is lifted up the PTO stops and starts turning again when the 3 point is lowered.

/ Checked out the new 4035 Friday #10  
I'm looking to buy the 4035 next week. I have read so much about all the main brands I don't know what way is up or down. I like the feel of the 4035, but being new to new tractors that aren't wore out, I just don't know. It seems all of them have some faults. I can get the 4035 out the door for $20,500. Is this a good tractor for the money?