Price Check Good price for a used 4110?

/ Good price for a used 4110? #1  

BBottoms

I'm looking at buying a used 4110 locally. This will be my first tractor (I have used many before, this is just my first purchase) and I'd like some opinions on whether its a good deal or not.

The tractor is a 2004 4110 with around 175 hours. No extra remotes and industrial tires in condition. Paint is slightly faded but not bad. Tractor comes with the regular bucket, a hay spear, a 6' bush hog and a 5' rototiller. Both 3pt implements are only a year old. I would be the third owner, but the tractor looks to be in good condition and well maintained and not abused. It appears to have seen very little loader work as the loader has almost all of the paint left.

I think I can get it for 15500 - 16000. Is that a good price? Is that a "I should go buy it now before someone else snatches it up price" or just a good price? I have tried checking prices on some of the online equipment listings, but what few used 4110s there are out there seem to be priced over a wide range.

Not too worried about resale or anything as I will likely keep this tractor for a long time, but I am worried about reliability. I have looked at the tractor once already and everything seems in working order, but is there anything specific with the 4110 that I should look/listen/watch for or be worried about?

Anything else I should look for or consider?

/ Good price for a used 4110? #2  
I would think around 11-12 thousand would be a better price range. Remember you can always go up in price but not back down on your offer. Start low and see what happens.

/ Good price for a used 4110? #3  
I'll sell you a brand new 4110 w/loader for $18,500.

/ Good price for a used 4110? #5  
I just go in a 3535:D
I am not sure I want to sell it......I think I may keep this one for myself...
OUCH maybe not my wife just kicked me and said no more tractors! you have enough toys!:p

So looks like this one is for sale.

/ Good price for a used 4110? #6  
I just go in a 3535:D
I am not sure I want to sell it......I think I may keep this one for myself...
OUCH maybe not my wife just kicked me and said no more tractors! you have enough toys!:p

So looks like this one is for sale.

Rick, can you trade one tractor for another so that you still have the same number of machines? Maybe get away with trading an implement for another tractor. You would still have the same amount of machinery, just different sizes. :D

/ Good price for a used 4110? #7  
I would think around 11-12 thousand would be a better price range. Remember you can always go up in price but not back down on your offer. Start low and see what happens.
If a brand new one is only $18,500 per member Rick Wallace, I'd say somewhere between $12,000 and $14,000 is fair depending heavily on condition. Despite the very low hours, it is still 5 years old with no warranty left and paint fading.

Rusty

/ Good price for a used 4110? #8  
Something that wasn't mentioned was whether this is on a dealers lot or being sold by an individual. This could make a different on how bad they what to move it.

/ Good price for a used 4110? #9  
The only reason I can offer this at that price is because we bought out a Mahindra dealer and I am passing on every discount I got from Mahindra to move this tractor.
This is a cash price only no financing.
Normally it would be closer to 21k for a new 4110

/ Good price for a used 4110? #10  
I bought an 04 4110 with 75 hours on it, ML 112 loader and a 6' cutter for 16k in the summer of '05, so I would think they're a little high. Also, I would be a little concerned with being the third owner at 175 hours.