Mahindra Tractors, thoughts

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #1  

Steve_S

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
Hello all,

I live right around the corner from a Mahindra dealer in PA. Also near there is a Bobcat dealer. I currently own an '01 Kubota BX2200.

OK, all that said, I'm seriously considering trading the 'bota in on either a Bobcat CUT or a Mahindra CUT. The quote I got back for pricing on a 100 series Bobcat with FEL and Belly mower was around $17,500. I'm pretty sure I can do better than that with one of the smaller Mahindras. The reason for my post is to find out some thoughts on the Mahindra brand. Where is the company from ( I know they are assembled in GA and I guess TX ). Are they as tough as a Kubota? Do they stand behind their products? How about reliability? I use my CUT A LOT for many things and don't want a tractor I have to baby.

Why am I getting ride of my 'bota? Simple, in '01 they hadn't figured out how much of a pain that tiny 3ph would be for owners trying to utilize attachments with a full-sized 3ph. I LOVE my 'bota. In fact, I've beaten the heck out of it and that's putting it mildly, and the thing just runs. I had a 72" Brush Hog finishing deck for it, but it was WAY too heavy for the BX. I used it, but it just wasn't the safest setup for mowing. The mid mount PTO got beat up pretty good over the years and I can't really use it. Getting another 3ph finisher doesn't make sense simply because if the grass is damp at all, having both sets of tires running over it prior to the deck getting to it leaves uneven cuts. We just bought a new house with 2.3 acres and I need a nicer cut. A zero turn is a possibility, but I don't want to store 2 machines. I use my CUT at home and at our camp, so I would like to stick with a CUT versus a zero turn. But I think I would prefer a belly mower (60").

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #2  
I don't know about smaller cuts but I own a 35 hp Mahindra model 3325. I absolutely love mine. Plenty of power! I have a 5' bush hog and a 6' finishing mower. I don't have a FEL. But if you get a FEL make sure you have power steering.

I know nothing about a bobcat.

Don

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #3  
Hello all,

I live right around the corner from a Mahindra dealer in PA. Also near there is a Bobcat dealer. I currently own an '01 Kubota BX2200.

OK, all that said, I'm seriously considering trading the 'bota in on either a Bobcat CUT or a Mahindra CUT. The quote I got back for pricing on a 100 series Bobcat with FEL and Belly mower was around $17,500. I'm pretty sure I can do better than that with one of the smaller Mahindras. The reason for my post is to find out some thoughts on the Mahindra brand. Where is the company from ( I know they are assembled in GA and I guess TX ). Are they as tough as a Kubota? Do they stand behind their products? How about reliability? I use my CUT A LOT for many things and don't want a tractor I have to baby.

Why am I getting ride of my 'bota? Simple, in '01 they hadn't figured out how much of a pain that tiny 3ph would be for owners trying to utilize attachments with a full-sized 3ph. I LOVE my 'bota. In fact, I've beaten the heck out of it and that's putting it mildly, and the thing just runs. I had a 72" Brush Hog finishing deck for it, but it was WAY too heavy for the BX. I used it, but it just wasn't the safest setup for mowing. The mid mount PTO got beat up pretty good over the years and I can't really use it. Getting another 3ph finisher doesn't make sense simply because if the grass is damp at all, having both sets of tires running over it prior to the deck getting to it leaves uneven cuts. We just bought a new house with 2.3 acres and I need a nicer cut. A zero turn is a possibility, but I don't want to store 2 machines. I use my CUT at home and at our camp, so I would like to stick with a CUT versus a zero turn. But I think I would prefer a belly mower (60").

Mahindra is an Indian company (Mahindra & Mahindra) and is in the top five tractor manufacturers worldwide

Mahindra USA Tractors – History and information about the Company

MahindraUSA is the North American branch of the corporation.

I own a 2008 Mahindra 5525 (54 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, power steering, constant partial mesh tranny) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft bucket, 2950 lb lift capacity). I traded a 2005 Kubota B7510HST (21 hp engine, 17 hp pto, hydrostatic tranny, 4WD, power steering) with the LA302 FEL (4-ft bucket, 800 lb lift capacity) when I decided to turn part of my 10 acres of flat pasture into a hayfield. My 5525 was made in India.

Mahindra is noted for their strong, heavy tractors that have a lot of steel and not so much plastic at attractive prices. The smaller CUTs have Japanese engines, Mitsubishi IIRC. I have less than 100 hours on my 5525, so I don't have a much info on reliability except that I've had no problems so far.

With less that 3 acres, I'd be looking at something in the 30 hp (engine) range,

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #4  
I won't buy anything but Massey Ferguson and Mahindra.

One of many mistakes I've made in life was selling my Mahindra tractor.

Travis R

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #5  
I am tickled Red, with my Mahindra 2615, which is 100%, Mitsubishi built. Just as important, I am happy with my dealer. Check out the repair department. Is it neat, clean and organized. The mechanics probably are too. Go with your gut feelings.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #6  
I have a 32 hp '06 3215hst Mahindra which is now a 3316. Very happy with it. I've been putting about 50 hrs a year on it. Only problem was a crazy intermittant tach which the dealer diagnosed and replaced the instrument panel at about 50hrs. I had two dealers to choose from. One was a Kioti/Mahindra dealer and the other was a New HollandMahindra dealer. I got the machine from the latter dealer that was a little older and a little closer. They have been fine to work with. I just have to be very specific about what I want done and what type of lube and filters to use. They are old school and oil is oil and filters are filters. But they know tractors and are willing to put up with me;). I'm also fortunate to be 2 hrs from the Calhoun, Ga assembly plant so they actually went there to pick up my tractor. Before I bought I looked at the 3120 Deere and the L3400 Kubota. It was hard to justify the $4000 more for the Deere. Especially since I knew I wasn't going to be putting an extreme amount of hours on it every year. I do like Deere products. (I own a '06 Gator as well which we do use alot and has over 700 hrs on it already with no problems.) The Mahindra actually felt more stable when using the FEL and on steep grades. You really need to have something on the 3 point with the Deere to counter weight the FEL. The Kubota was priced the same and actually was better known in my area but the 3 point hitch was not very smooth as many on the Kubota site will attest to with this model. All 3 tractors are essentially Japanese made so I felt comfortable with the three brands. I can get parts from my dealer or online from several other Mahindra dealers. Overall, so far it appears to be a rugged tractor, well supported and at a good value.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #7  
I have a 2006 3215 4WD which has approximately 140 hours on it. The only issue I have had was leaking hydraulic hoses to the fel. I took it to the dealer and it was fixed under warranty. Although it took lots of calls to the dealer to get it done. I just wish there were more dealers in my area. I would highly recommend Mahindra.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #8  
My Father has a Mahindra 2015 (now the 2216?). it's a great tractor, real solid and his dealer has been great. He told me that if he was going to do it over again he would jump up to the 2816 to get the 3 range hydro.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #9  
I know several dealers who are Mahindra and Kubota, they all say that the Mitsubishi models are far better tractors than the others that Mahindra sells. I'd consure, there are some very good Mitsu Cub Cadets and Case tractors out there as well.

/ Mahindra Tractors, thoughts #10  
I know several dealers who are Mahindra and Kubota, they all say that the Mitsubishi models are far better tractors than the others that Mahindra sells. I'd consure, there are some very good Mitsu Cub Cadets and Case tractors out there as well.

I note that you are a Kubota dealer, but not a Mahindra dealer...so now...name those dealers or say you're sorry. Also define "far better"....Pls don't expect to make such statements and get away scott free. BobG in VA