Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #1  

donawilcox

Tractor
still looking
I am think and leaning on going with a Mahindra 3535. I am thinking this will be a good choice for my 36 acres that has some slope. It has not been taken care of and has a wet weather creek running through it. I sat on the 4035. Dealer did not have the 3535 in stock. It uses the same frame but smaller tires. The specs do not seem that far off or difference in the two and since I am having to watch the cost I am leaning towards the 3535. He is also a Branson dealer and has mentioned that I may want to consider going with the 4210 or something like that in the branson. Specs show a low capacity but it is a little cheaper.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #2  
The 35 series machines look to be pretty nice. Maybe the dealer will split the difference with you on the 35 vs the 40 since he has the 40. If you can swing it, get both of the rear remotes, you will need them later on if you are going to use anything that has hydraulic operated stuff.

Good luck

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another
Thanks for the info.

I went out and talked with them today but had a issue with the land we are buying. I was not looking for as rough and as large of a tract of land so if it falls through may not need this much tractor. I think we resolved the issue late in the day but will know tomorrow along with survey being done. So did not pull the trigger. When I am ready I may see if he will do that. I think there is a 2,000 difference but good idea.

Thanks

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #4  
Good luck with your land deal. Keep the Mahindra brand in mind when tractor shopping, they make some pretty good machines.

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #5  
The acreage you are buying -is it woods?
Will you be trying to clear land or maintain pasture? How much of the land do you want to work in the next year, 5 years, 10 years? If you have mostly cleared land this is a good tractor to buy. If you are in the woods and plan on making trails and taking down small trees better look at the 30 and 00 series tractors. 40 hp is not much for that size of parcel. I think you can do alot with 35 hp, but the rule of thumb is to buy slightly bigger than what you think you need. My advice. The 40 hp tractor will also pull a disk harrow better. If I was buying land in the woods I would consider the 4530 or 5530. Other wise you should be fine with the 4035. Don't go smaller with this acreage. I have had my 33 hp 1050 JD 4wd for 16 years and I over worked it with the woods and 81 acres - 3 cleared acres-has been rebuilt twice. On the other hand I watched my neighbor use a 27 hp 790 JD work miracles but he is retired navy and has alot of time to work and do repairs.
Hope this helps-
Michelle

I have decided on the 4035. The land as I said is almost 40 acres. I think the county is showing 6 acres of non value land due to it being in the creek. That is the only area that has trees but we want to leave it natural for the most part except for a 1-2 acre area that want it cleanded out. This area will be just behind our home will want to make a path for the tractor but will require a lot of hand work on that area.

I am not sure if I will cultivat the roughly 30 acres or just have one of the farmers do it. I agree with going larger and a couple things help me decide. Comments here, The dealer did not have a 35 in stock with delivery not till mid sep. And price ended up only being 1400 more for the addition hp which really there was not much difference in the capcity.

Long range will be put up a fence. Get a few cows, horses and have an acre of fruit trees and a garden.

I am ready to get to playing/working on it. We have not closed on the land and because of the survey company it will be next week before the property is ours.

So in a few weeks I can let every one know how the 4035 works. I am sure it will be great since my only experience on a tractor was my dads 9N which he had 25 acres and no fel. His land was sandy and flat and he had access to neighbors buldozers. He still thinks that is all you need.

Thanks for all the comments

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #7  
"And price ended up only being 1400 more for the addition hp which really there was not much difference in the capcity."

Not much capacity difference... maybe....but a much bigger footprint. If you saw them side by side they don’t even look like the same series. You won’t regret the upgrade.

Buck

/ Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another #8  
I have decided on the 4035.

Are you getting the 2 rear remotes? Get them if you can afford it. You will need then in the future.

Please post pictures when you get it and how you like it after you have used it for awhile. That is all good information to have for people that are looking for a tractor just as you were. ;)

Planning on picking it up on monday but it will drive me crazy sitting on trailer infront of the house. We will not fund on the land till Friday but we signed today and sellers are out of town so docs went out to them and they will not get them back till mid week but we also had a funding issue on our side.

Any way I wish I could afford the 2nd remote. Good advice but maxing out as it is.

I also am glad I am going with the larger one and that was an issue in that I have not seen the 3535 in person.

I will let you all know how it does

Later

Well have put 8 hours on my 4035 and very happing. It did real well cleaning out an old pond. Started right in putting it to its limit. But that was also good because he said brake it in at different RPM and that gave me a lot of range digging.

I do have to take my shredder back. It sheers the pins like they are butter. The blade turns easily. The dealer actually sheered it when the loaded the tractor. he started up the PTO and did not notice it then. I took it off and my first thought was it vibrated out on the trailer but no it was sheered. I changed the pin and was able to mow a couple hundred yards. Had to go throught a small creek so turned it off and sheered when started it back up. Did not have another pin so stopped by this morning and got a package of bolts which were packaged as sheer bolts. Went out and never got a blade cut. The third one I was able to get it started with rpm as low as they would go but tractor was in neutral. I pushed clutch in and tried again and there it went. I even had it off the ground. Dealer was stumped and thinks there may be someing in the gearbox that allows it to turn but is hanging up so he said he would exchange it.

It did give me a chance to clean the pond out. so now it can rain and rain. Do wish I had the other one I want to build dug out but do not think I want to tackle with this 40hp. I am wanting about a 1-2 acre tank on the front of the property and it is is great layout for one.

I will keep you all posted.