Why Mahindra for me?

/ Why Mahindra for me? #1  

bnmccoy

Tractor
Mahindra 3316 HST & Fordson Dexta
I have committed to purchasing a 3316 HST from our local dealer.

A number of years ago my brother in law bought a new 2810 (IIRC) and we started using it at the father-in-law's to keep 15 acres cut with rotary cutter; he had a 5ft. cutter. Previously had used FIL's 8N's. Used his tractor for several years to keep cut. I really liked the tractor.

Brother in law sold the tractor and we mowed with his zero-turn Dixon one season; fast, etc. but beat the heck out of my back bouncing in field and had to wear dust mask and eye protection.

My son-in-law purchased a Mahindra 3510; the FIL paid him to mow one year; and the next I kept it cut with the 3510. This tractor was the cat's meow for brush hogging. He had a six foot rotary cutter. Not to large for getting around the trees, etc.

Son-in-law traded the 3510 for a 4530; kept his 6 foot rotary but would like a 7 ft. It is almost too large with respect to getting around the parts with the trees. The FIL is great and the power of that beast is awesome.

The FIL passed away Feb 09 and we have been working to clean the place up. 18 school busses full of stuff; 8 semi-trailers full of stuff; plus out buildings, shop, etc full of stuff; and piles of scrap steel, etc.

This past year we have had the 18 buses hauled off; 15 refrigerators, dozen washer or dryers, a dozen window air units, just all kinds of stuff. Three 30 cu yd dumpsters; one brush fire; and one brush pile with active burn permit waiting on right day........

We are just using the son-in-law's tractor too much and decided we need to buy one. All the mowing the past year was with the Dexta, and it has worked great but it doesn't have a FEL. There is a Long 445 but it isn't running (cracked fuel filter housing); but no FEL. FIL had already sold the 8N's. The FEL is very useful with the clean-up process; realizing that the bucket will be smaller on the 3316 vs the 4530.

We will need many more dumpsters; but plan to put our trash in a pile till we have enough for a dumpster and then use the FEL to fill the dumpster so we don't have to pay the daily fees when we can't fill it timely.

Can't dig a hole and bury as we are in the city limits although at the edge of same; that is why we have to buy burn permits too.

One of the guys that reports to me at our work has a 3015; and has nothing but good to say about it. HST will be new for me but all I have read on this forum and what my guy has said lead me to believe this is right for me.

Josh has had some issues with the 4530; steering quit a year and half ago just outside of warranty but they covered part of it; replaced or repaired the hydraulic pump. Also had a safety switch bad that we had to jumper until replaced to get the engine to crank over. He just went through more issues with the hydraulics but think this was the suction hose off of the pump colapsing; he has a new one.

NH dealer is across the interstate from my Mahindra dealer; but the FEL capacity of the Mahindra is greater and is an important part of my needs. Most other brands are on the other side of town. I only looked at them on-line.

I might add the brother-in-law did buy another tractor; a NH; and right after he bought it I happened to be at his house and he was noting the FEL did not have the capacity of his previous Mahindra. He was wondering if something was wrong with it.

So right or wrong that is a little history as to why I am taking the Mahindra path. My past experience with other's equipment, reputation of brand and dealer, and recomendation from co-worker.

Of course of right now I am a proud Dexta owner; the 15 acres looks 100% better but is still a mess:)

Bob

/ Why Mahindra for me?
Finally took delivery of the 3316 HST w/ FEL tonight. Truck showed up last Friday with a demo 3316 HST w/ 36 hours; somehow it was suppose to go to Arkansas and ended up on wrong truck and I guess mine went to Arkansas. So another truck from Tomball was suppose to have next delivery this morning but didn't arrive till evening.

Plan to burn a large brush pile tomorrow and need the tractor for same so took delivery about 7:45 PM tonight.

Will get more familiar with tractor tomorrow in the daylight.:D

Bob

/ Why Mahindra for me? #3  
Congratulations!!! Post some pics when you get a chance.